• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The two difficulties

ooo.....ooo..ooo.. .me...me...Call on me!..... I know! I know!

How about this? Call the two modes: Realism and Relaxed Realism!!

Imho, the problem with using the term Hardcore when referring to a game mode, immmediately implies not only HUD differences, but also, and more importantly to the "hardcore player", differences in the damage values to the weapons. All of us know that won't happen, but the unsuspecting CoD_O'phyte doesn't. (And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if EA had copyright on the word 'Hardcore" when used in an FPS game.)

Upvote 0
Novice just isn't even remotely an option, you don't want to belittle your customers for preferring one mode over the other.

ansell gets away with it all the time, labelling their sizes small medium and large :troll:

Brozex said:
2 modes:
Things on the screen.
Less things on the screen.

or

carson_406012_german_king_tiger_tank_lg.jpg

or

is2_24.jpg
:troll:

Reactions: Baron Rusu
Upvote 0
Novice just isn't even remotely an option, you don't want to belittle your customers for preferring one mode over the other.

The whole point of this extra mode is to encourage players to move up.

There needs to be some incentives to do so.

Renaming the modes to something more appropriate (novice and normal) would be a logical way to do it.

And the whole "belittlement" nonsense is just that - nonsense. "Novice" or "easy" modes have been in games for as long as I can remember. If someone choose to play on a mode called "novice" then all it means is that they want to play at novice settings. And there is nothing wrong with that.

So really no takers on "casual" mode and "normal" mode?

casual = relaxed realism, normal = realism, of course :p. It does not belittle the ones that prefer casual, and it still displays the more realistic mode as the main mode or default or what to call it. It mode names also describes exactly what the mode is.

This would work to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The whole point of this extra mode is to encourage players to move up.

There needs to be some incentives to do so.

Renaming the modes to something more appropriate (novice and normal) would be a logical way to do it.

And the whole "belittlement" nonsense is just that - nonsense. "Novice" or "easy" modes have been in games for as long as I can remember. If someone choose to play on a mode called "novice" then all it means is that they want to play at novice settings. And there is nothing wrong with that.

This would work to.

No...Relaxed Realism is not a tutorial. It's not a mode for bad players, it's there for people who don't want the ridiculous lack of hud elements, among other features. Relaxed Realism is for people that don't come to the forums.

Calling someone a Novice is an insult. Relaxed Realism is not a tutorial mode, it's not a mode for novice players, it's for people who don't like Realism mode.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Calling someone a Novice is an insult. Relaxed Realism is not a tutorial mode, it's not a mode for novice players, it's for people who don't like Realism mode.

I had a neat idea for a mode like that. It was called "go play something else" and when you enter that mode it closes the game and brings you back to the steam games menu. :cool:

"Classic" and "Easy" would be more fitting, it sounds perfectly fine. With anything else, not only would the game need to compromise itself for a bunch of people who probably didnt even buy the first game, it needs to pat them on the back and make them feel special for playing on the "dumbed down" setting by calling it something stilted and bloated like "relaxed" or "casual."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No...Relaxed Realism is not a tutorial. It's not a mode for bad players, it's there for people who don't want the ridiculous lack of hud elements, among other features. Relaxed Realism is for people that don't come to the forums.

As you are on the forums, you do not want to play on "relaxed realism". Maybe that is so, but if so why do you call it a "ridiculous lack of hud elements" and not just "lack of hud elements"?

Upvote 0
Calling someone a Novice is an insult.

Not its not.

It just means you're a beginner. When you're better, you'll take the training wheels off. Or you'll still play at the novice/easy settings. Nothing wrong with that, its your choice. I even played some games on the novice/easy settings. I don't feel insulted one bit.

As for the whole "only people on the forums will play normal mode lolz" is not true. I played RO1 for a few years before I even came to the forums. I know of many people like this.

I only joined when I found out RO2 was being made.

Last edited:
Upvote 0