• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism id

Swede

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 27, 2006
Can you put civilians in the maps? Some maps have houses and in some small rooms maybe there can be families of old men, women and childs. I understand that is it not time to do it upon the release of the game, but maybe in some future update or something. I don

It would be nice to see, but to be real it's not really needed in an online war game. It would be a great addition to atmoshpere and immersion if it was singleplayer only though.

BUT it's in the mappers hand to create unnaccessible rooms only with civilian voices coming from to simulate that. It is the only way we can see it in game :)

Upvote 0
Actually this could be cool, to have random immortal civs placed around the map, and have them pacing in rooms or what not, just for the noise of their footsteps, It'd make the game more challenging knowing where civ's are and when not the jump around corners firing at footsteps when its just a civ and giving away ur position... but yeah civ's would be cool to see

Upvote 0
Well you do have to use your bullets on something ay beagle...

:p :D

Robbie said:
Actually this could be cool, to have random immortal civs placed around the map, and have them pacing in rooms or what not, just for the noise of their footsteps, It'd make the game more challenging knowing where civ's are and when not the jump around corners firing at footsteps when its just a civ and giving away ur position... but yeah civ's would be cool to see

How to gimp up a game part I :p

Upvote 0
TheBeagle said:
You want to shoot them, don't you? You want civilians in game so you can walk past them and pop them in the head, old men women and children. Admit it.

I know that's the first thing I'd do. ^^

Careful having played gta i dont really care but because of the setting, germans and russians might find this topic offensive or do they i'd like to know, coz having played cod2 sp it always struck me the lack of civilians consequently it never felt totally imersive even some civilians at the start of a level welcoming their liberators would have added greatly to the imersion.

Upvote 0
Moe_Rahn said:
Yeah, but they're your objective, you're supposed to save them. They're not just out there wandering the map, waiting to get shot.

Save them? I usually end up shooting them in the face. Especially that asian guy. He always looks at me funny.

There's also civilians in AA like in the SF map Hospital. It's an ROE violation if you shoot, them but I do anyway. I hate that cowering nurse. I'm like "Don't you know who I am? I'm tha Juggernaut, *****!" *pop, pop, pop, Leavenworth*

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
Hey how about no civilians FULL STOP :rolleyes:

This is online people, not sp.

What mulitplayer game out there has civilian bots, static or animated..?

Well, what other game has this high demand of realism on it as RO? There are many maps of cities in this game, do you really think that NO civilians lived there amongst the rubble when the battle occured? Well it was...

Upvote 0