• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blind Fire MG/AT?

Not being able to blindfire the AT rifle makes sense because you have to be deployed just to use it, but the MG on the other hand can be fired from the hip, so I don't see why it would be restricted.

deploy > crouch > shoot

...unless they are worried blindfiring will make MGs harder to counter.

Upvote 0
i don't see the point. actually, I've yet to see a scenario where blind fire had any use at all.

I do it all the time, around corners if you saw an enemy and then you both hide blind-firing can kill your enemy without exposing yourself. Good for if you're facing large groups as well and know that they will kill you if you stick your head out.

Upvote 0
It should be self evident why you can't blind fire an AT gun. Same thing for MG.

Emplaced makes sense, because no matter what you do to it, it aint moving. But for a mobile MG, you have to put this heavy unstable firearm over your head to blind fire it... Probably not a good idea.

Don't forget they only use bipods. A object cannot be stabilized on only 2 points. Then what is the 3rd point? You, holding the gun. So when you duck under it into cover to blind fire, you are taking out that 3rd point of stability.

Your more likely to hit yourself on the head with the bottom of the MG than hit anything with it while blind firing.

Upvote 0
LOL I think it is only right that blind fire for LMGs is disabled. The MG 34 weighs about 12kg and has a rate of fire to between 800 and 900 rpm, which is considerably a higher volume than allied MGs. Though it may have been possible to do so, it would be both physically taxing and impractical for a soldier to take cover behind a wall and blind fire on his side IRL, me thinks. So this is a non-issue for me, really...

Upvote 0
Don't forget they only use bipods. A object cannot be stabilized on only 2 points. Then what is the 3rd point? You, holding the gun. So when you duck under it into cover to blind fire, you are taking out that 3rd point of stability.

The fact is, the third point of contact is your hands, as the MG34 in the game uses the "butterfly trigger". There is no shoulder support what so ever. Actual research also proves the MG34 does not "kick" very hard at all, but without extra stability, the "recoil" is bad and accuracy is all but gone. Needless to say, it can still be done, Bipod or emplacment.

They have also said that they used statistics from trained soldiers (the SMG accuracy argument for example). A trained soldier would have no problem blind firing a bipod deployed LMG.

Upvote 0
The fact is, the third point of contact is your hands, as the MG34 in the game uses the "butterfly trigger". There is no shoulder support what so ever. Actual research also proves the MG34 does not "kick" very hard at all, but without extra stability, the "recoil" is bad and accuracy is all but gone. Needless to say, it can still be done, Bipod or emplacment.

They have also said that they used statistics from trained soldiers (the SMG accuracy argument for example). A trained soldier would have no problem blind firing a bipod deployed LMG.

The point is that you would be unable to correctly hold the MG while ducking under cover. I wouldn't be very surprised if you accidentally shoved it out a window while trying to blind fire. With small ledges like window frames if the bipod slides a little, its probably going to fall off, and even if it doesn't fall out the window, its going to fall in an awkward position where you would have to get out of cover and move it back into position. Either that, or it would crush your hand.

Upvote 0