• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What's with the "kill notification" sound??

Ok yeah. I was in the Grain Elevator, shootin' me some Germans, and I could clearly hear the sound when I was tagging people. Sounds like...someone kicking a thin piece of plywood.

It's fine, it's just ridiculously audible is all. I don't really seem to hear it as much when shooting people through cover.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do more people not think this is a serious issue??
Let's be honest. Just about every issue is "serious" to some member of the RO community.

To me it's serious enough to add to the truck load of things to patch after release. But in the grand scope of things it's minor, and is more likely just some audio that needs adjusted, not some backdoor attempt by TWI to give fans of other franchises their kill notifications early. (And I seem to notice the sound most when I'm staring right at the guy I just put a giant hole through.)

Of all the things that need work, this is a minor one, but aesthetically important. (The whole NOT REAL issue is less important to me.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The sound is okay, the problem is that it is audible from far away.

^This.

It might be a bug entirely and not a "feature". I dunno. Regardless it needs to be changed IMO.

Oh god I never thought of that. Yeh I really REALLY hope its a bug and its only meant to be heard from very close ranges...

Please Tripwire SAVE OUR BRAINS

Upvote 0