• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Where is the snow????

Oh, no, no. I think he means that he wants to change history by saying the Germans took the entire city, and then have the Soviets do a beach landing! amirite?
Aaaaactually...

If we are being really a.n.a.l. (who, me?) then the Soviets DID manage a beach assault during the battle - the afternoon of (from memory) 14 Sep, when the lead elements of 13 Guards Rifle Division were ordered to cross the river in broad daylight, instead of waiting for the cover of darkness, because the Germans had just reached the northern landing stage, behind 9 Jan Square. No idea what the Germans were doing, because they then got pushed back from the river as the Soviets stormed ashore...

Upvote 0
Aaaaactually...

If we are being really a.n.a.l. (who, me?) then the Soviets DID manage a beach assault during the battle - the afternoon of (from memory) 14 Sep, when the lead elements of 13 Guards Rifle Division were ordered to cross the river in broad daylight, instead of waiting for the cover of darkness, because the Germans had just reached the northern landing stage, behind 9 Jan Square. No idea what the Germans were doing, because they then got pushed back from the river as the Soviets stormed ashore...
...****. Looks like I have to catch up on some reading.

Upvote 0
...****. Looks like I have to catch up on some reading.
Not really, actually. Just watch Enemy at the Gates or play the first Russian mission of Call of Duty 1. Or play the FH1 Stalingrad map. They all feature crossing the Volga River in boats, quasi-DDay style, then fighting over Red Square.

Upvote 0
Not really, actually. Just watch Enemy at the Gates or play the first Russian mission of Call of Duty 1. Or play the FH1 Stalingrad map. They all feature crossing the Volga River in boats, quasi-DDay style, then fighting over Red Square.
I know they crossed boats to reinforce the pocket, but I didn't know there were beach landings against land opposition.

I didn't think there were any LARGE-scale beach invasions on that half of the city either. That's what I was joking about.

Upvote 0