• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heroes / Veterans

tomme25

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Sweden
www.youtube.com
Just a small question, been wondering this for a while now.

I don't think we have any "heroes" yet, but some people might have reached veteran status.

So now I'm wondering, does the uniform change? Do you look more ragged? Have you earned any medals? Iron cross and so on?

I have even been spectating for a while to see if the uniforms have changed, but so far I haven't seen any veteran troops.

Is this feature missing, or is it still in the game somewhere?

This is the one thing that makes me want to level up (when the level system works)

I want the Stalingrad look for my squad leader :)

I actually saw few players with high levels, haven't noticed any difference. You're right I dont have any proof right now but since other features are missing why would it be any different with this one.

Simple, if you don't know something for certain you should never presume things, but hold off any conclusions until you can definitely say it's missing.

It's the same with the destruction system, it's not absent it's just that it's more limited than was expected. Most smaller items can be blown up, like fences, lampposts, even statues and small wooden shacks.
But unfortunately not anything near the destruction model the frostbite engine has.

Upvote 0
Simple, if you don't know something for certain you should never presume things, but hold off any conclusions until you can definitely say it's missing.

It's the same with the destruction system, it's not absent it's just that it's more limited than was expected. Most smaller items can be blown up, like fences, lampposts, even statues and small wooden shacks.
But unfortunately not anything near the destruction model the frostbite engine has.
OK, defend them if you want, idk. I'm sensing I'll have a lot of "I told you so" moments int the following days,.

Reactions: Nenjin
Upvote 0
we have more than enough reasons to be skeptic, but it would be unfair to say it's definite until someone actually becomes a Hero and brings proof, or an official word comes.

at the same time, I refuse to believe TWI would not implement this since it was a big part in the promotion of the game, hell, it is even present in its title.

Upvote 0
we have more than enough reasons to be skeptic, but it would be unfair to say it's definite until someone actually becomes a Hero and brings proof, or an official word comes.

at the same time, I refuse to believe TWI would not implement this since it was a big part in the promotion of the game, hell, it is even present in its title.

It's always a shame when developers are forced to release a game that does not have all the features they wanted.
In the development of a game, you will always have to compromise on something, either removing features or deciding to implement those features after release. Which is what I think is happening now, they simply have a lot of features on their to-do list, but haven't had time to implement them yet.

In a sense, this game is still beta and the final product will not be out for a few months.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So tonight my friend got a notice that he'd been offered to become an assault hero, like a battlefield commendation. He got a sort of fancy looking badge by his name and said he had a lot of kit options but some of them were messed up. Rather than screwing with it he just grabbed a PPSh and started playing.

I found him and looked at him but didn't really notice anything different other than the badge by his name. I thought his face was covered in a layer of dirt and he looked exceptionally filthy but maybe that was just shadows, I didn't think to get a pic at the time. Anyways, it was definitely a hero message and not a battlefield promotion, he's been playing long enough to know the difference.

I also found some RO client settings....

Code:
MaxHeroes16Player=2
MaxHeroes32Player=3
MaxHeroes64Player=5
So. There's that.

Upvote 0

I don't think we have any "heroes" yet, but some people might have reached veteran status.

So now I'm wondering, does the uniform change? Do you look more ragged? Have you earned any medals? Iron cross and so on?

I have even been spectating for a while to see if the uniforms have changed, but so far I haven't seen any veteran troops.

This is the one thing that makes me want to level up (when the level system works)

it will

Estetically your soldier will stand his rank too; the more he get experience the more he looks like wartorn. For example ( all of these i saw in game ) : a Raw Recruit will have clean face, almost new helmet and shiny uniform. An hero will have completely dirty face, rolled up sleeves, unbuttoned jacket, scratches and torns on the uniform

Actually i' m Veteran with Assault Class and my uniform and faces just looks so dirty, estetically is not much different from other ranks toh, maybe since next level ( decorated )

ALL OF THIS SAW IN BETA AND ACTUALLY

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ive played several games with heros in them already, different uniforms I think it depends somewhat on what class they are and I think one of the german models was even taller than the normal soldiers or at least it seemed that way.

Also had a big iron cross medal around his neck and on his uniform. i played one with a soviet hero too but never actually saw them in game so idk what their skin looked like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0