• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The commando - Vinsible b*tches, ammount of stalkers needed

Joseph-Porta

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Norway
Uhm.. I dont know if Im doing something wrong.. but this is starting to get a little redicleous.. lvling the commando class.
Spoiler!

The ammount of stalkers needed compared to dmg needed..
I've heard around and people seem to agree.. Seriously, would it not be an idea to lower the amount of stalker kills needed? I mean.. Just look!

Last edited:
I like the length it takes to level Commando because it forces you to prioritize the weaker zeds, which you should be doing in the first place. By the time you get to level 6 and move up to the serious difficulties you should have a good understanding of what you need to be doing. To decrease this leveling length increases the amount of inexperienced commandos on higher difficulties which can easily wipe more teams.

Upvote 0
It changes nothing, just forces people to grind.
Commandoes can't physically kill many stalkers in anywhere but sologame because other players absolutely don't care. Epecially with firebugs, demos and supports there is a very low chance for a commando to get some stalkers.
Commando of any level can join a hard/suicidal/hoe game and screw it, but with higher level of perk chances to screw up are less.

Upvote 0
Uhm.. I dont know if Im doing something wrong.. but this is starting to get a little redicleous.. lvling the commando class.
The ammount of stalkers needed compared to dmg needed..
I've heard around and people seem to agree.. Seriously, would it not be an idea to lower the amount of stalker kills needed? I mean.. Just look!

There are TONS of stalkers in the game. TONS. Once you stop counting them every game, you'll level.

And the only thing worse that people complaining about killing stalkers on the forums is commandos whining to the other players "Leave the stalkers to me. Stop killing the stalkers."

Reactions: poosh and Spicy
Upvote 0
There are TONS of stalkers in the game. TONS. Once you stop counting them every game, you'll level.

And the only thing worse that people complaining about killing stalkers on the forums is commandos whining to the other players "Leave the stalkers to me. Stop killing the stalkers."

Im not saying there is too few.. Im just saying that the ammount needed compared to dmg needed is a bit silly.

Now sush troll.

Upvote 0

Hearing a commando say that actually makes me set stalkers as a priority for the rest of the game. :[
Your perks will level fast enough just by playing the game a lot. Enjoy the ride!

Upvote 0
i got my lev 6 stalker ammount long before the damage required - i guess cos i use to carry an appropriate weapon when playing as other perks (knowing what a pain this levelling was)

but of course thats bs - the association between commando and stalker is the ability to see them when cloaked.
If it was better thought out, the requirement would be kill x stalkers before they become visable (preferably as commando ofc)
It shouldn't really have anything to do with guns.

Upvote 0
I'm a L5 Commando and only need 250 or so stalkers to make it to L6 but have 7.9M damage already! I wish I could have moved 2.9M damage points of it over to my DEMO/Support/Firebug instead.

It is true on public servers demo/support/firebug just blow hordes to kingdom come and the best way for me to take out stalkers fast was with the bullpup due to faster rate of fire and aim for their heads. I leave the rest of the rats for other guys to level up.

To increase your damage, it is easy. Don't aim for the head and unload lots and lots of ammo into the BODIES of the zeds, even if you have already decapitated them. I suggest shooting the bellies of the Bloats / Husks and Sirens to kill them if you are far away.

Never shoot the Fleshpounds or Scrakes since you can rage them and kill off your team if they are not ready to take it down yet. IF they are already raged, aim for their heads to take down health so your team can survive.

Or play solo on hard or suicide and you will rack up lots of damage points.

I need to checkout Ganja Farm EW to see if I can finish off my stalker requirements too. Thanks for that tip.

Upvote 0