• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

lol someone is abusing the
faceg.gif
button.

Upvote 0
I'm worried that it will not sell as much as it deserves. :IS2:
^This

I was also worried about having to upgrade computers (I have a gaming laptop I bought while I was stationed at Lejune), but I found out tonight that I SHOULD be getting an Aurora ALX in March.

I'm also worried they will over-hype the game. It helped with killing MoH (Not really relevant - just an example). They don't seem to be making too much out of it though which is good. I think maybe some serious commercials maybe 3 - 4 weeks before hand. None of that 6 months stuff lol.

After seeing the footage from what is done so far from the interviews they seem to be putting a TON of TLC and work into this game. It could be the next CoD series....just with a better community and better game style/game play. :p :p

END THE RUN ~N~ GUN!!! :IS2:

Upvote 0
That they give up realism to reach a larger audience. I do not believe they will, but you never know. I have yet as well not found info about whether bullets chambering will be used, something that in a game like this could make a noticable difference.

And of course, it not selling well enough. Frankly, the developers ambition to make this kind of game is worth my money alone. Only the teaser trailer has given me more joy than all other modern war shooters combined.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i guess my main fear is that the RO fanbase will find it strays a little to far from what they expect, in terms of feel and some realism issues; and that the players of more mainstream games will find it not as slick, artisitically impressive and exciting as the 'big' titles, and as such it end up occupying a kind of no-man's land which effects it's popularity.

I'm sure i'll be happy with it - as i will still have games like arma and this will be a nice compromise between the old RO and more action packed titles.

However i keep imagining it will be like a realism mod of Call of duty, still having the same feel.
It won't put me off but it might effect others if this turns out to be the case.

If there's one thing that might put me off it's the heroes and levelling stuff. I hate that.
I like how it's done in Quake wars, where XP gained in a 3 map campaign will give you new weapons and abilities for that game only - i don't like a persistant advantage being held by players who are already naturally better though more playtime.

Upvote 0
This may sound stupid, but I am only really worried about this game losing the "feel" of ROST. I know they are working to make the game feel less stiff and more coordinated, but I think I am actually going to miss some of the old quirky mechanics.

My only other real concern is that this game won't be shipped to my door by tomorrow morning.:p

Upvote 0
Looks like most peoples biggest fear is confirmed, Gibson said in the bash and slash podcast 2 days ago that it'll be released 'next year', so I guess we're looking at a 2012 release. :(
Wait, there was no Crosshairs podcast two days ago...

You mast be referring to the last one which was aired back in 2010 and was talking about the game being released 2011.

Upvote 0
As a North American player, Im concerned about how well RO:HOS will play at the higher pings needed for the (typically) busier and more active European servers. I would imagine there is a need for more data transmitted for RO:HOS than for RO. I've learned to live with the ping in RO, although there is a distinct difference noted when playing the North American servers. I certainly imagine there will be at least a few North American servers for RO:HOS, however. TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0
As a North American player, Im concerned about how well RO:HOS will play at the higher pings needed for the (typically) busier and more active European servers. I would imagine there is a need for more data transmitted for RO:HOS than for RO. I've learned to live with the ping in RO, although there is a distinct difference noted when playing the North American servers. I certainly imagine there will be at least a few North American servers for RO:HOS, however. TWB*SlowBull

Our Server is based in North America and mostly populated by Europeans. Pings are not a problem until they go over 250.

Upvote 0