• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Making a half full UC go 20 feet into the air and land upside down after being hit by my 88mm round.:D

Zig zaging into the eastern farmhouse's side double doors while two germans emptyed their STG44's at me, all rounds miss and i KO one of them with my PPS stock in one blow as he reloads. Then later that round i run into the Eastern farmhouse through the door that leads right to the stairs, encounter the same person who i got with the PPS stock and run around him beating him with my m38 as he holds down the trigger and spins in circles, though im a tad faster and none of his bullets connect. All the while a MG42 atop the stairs fires short bursts, trying to get me but at the same time not trying to hit his fellow soldier. after i killed "phred" the MG gunner mows me down.:p

Good fun!

Upvote 0
So there I was, hideing in the Bombed first objective in Stalingrad kessel.
All my teammates where wiped out, i had my trustful mp41 and p38.
then they came, 8 russians prepearing for an outbrake towards the northrailway. I aimed my Mp41 at the guy at the back and sprayed a whole magazine into the crowd. i killed 6 instantly, wounding the other two, i took up my P38 and sortof executed the last two.

My best moment at an infantry map yet...

Upvote 0
Today in danzig I was a russian in the upper floor of the command centre, the room that leads to the balcony. I saw 2 germans picking off russians from the room next to mine(with the beds). One had an STG, the other a G43. Me with my SVT stormed to the G43 guy and killing him with one powerful stab, then shooting the other guy. He shot me in my leg tough.

Upvote 0
Barashka
Slit trench,German side of penninsula

I was lying next to the blown wall,ready with 2 satchels and 3 panzerfausts...Suddenly I hear an engine,and see the top of a PZ IV's turret approaching my side of the wall,so I get up and dive to prone over a destroyed wall section on the other side.
To my terror I find that theres a StuG on the hill,but I got real lucky cause the commander wasnt looking at my position,so after a second which seemed like 10 minutes I jump over the wall,throw 2 satchels at the beast which has conviniently parked right next to the nearby slit trench and wait for the blast.
In 10 seconds or so I hear a loud explosion and a piece of burning steel flies over my trench...
Best satchel kill ever...

Upvote 0
Lyes Krovy as German rifleman yesterday. I stayed close to our very capable MG42 gunner (Melipone) . He literally mowed all the Russians down that ran from their spawn towards the ammo bunker trench. He may not even have noticed but while he was gunning I took out 4 or 5 Russians with my bolt who tried to aim and shoot him and who where out of his view/gun arc. Thus he could keep on gunning for a looooong time until finally a Russian managed to kill us both with a nade.
Nevertheless the Russians lost the round due to running out of reinforcements. :D

Upvote 0
I was a russian on mokhonov village (or something like that, it's with the poshta, the station and the church), members of the splat clan forced us to teamwork by getting in the HT and drive to the poshta to jump out under heavy fire, I was listening to the Chindler's list soundtrack atm so when they all stopped talking during the fight the music realy brought that extra dramatic feel to it. Too bad we lost both rounds.

Upvote 0
At the weekend, I was in a Tiger Tank on Muddy Tigers.
A newbie leaps into the tank and drives us straight into a hole in the ground. Having gotten the Tiger nicely stuck, the newbie / n00b leaps out, leaving the tank pointing skywards. :mad:
Luckily for me a team mate comes and gives me a couple of pushes with a StuG. I finally get out by driving over the top of his StuG, which is now nicely filling up the hole. :D
I'm sure this isn't how it would have been done in real life :p

A real muddy Tiger, stuck in the mud.
16220.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first one is on konigplatz. I was a german anti-tank soldier and I saw a russian tank, It was faced me but it's turret was facing it's side...shooting at our troops/tank. I took out my panzerfaust then noticed a russian soldier was shooting at me from the side of the tank, so I knew I had to hurry. I lined up my fire shot and fired at the tank...didn't do anything really. The russian was still shooting at me, I could hear the bullets whiz pass my head. So I line up my next shot with the panzerfaust, it deflects off the side of it's armor and lands RIGHT on top of the russian soldier, blowing him sky high! Thought it was so hilarious.

Second was on kaukaus, I was a russian soldier and it was at the start of the game. I ran to backroute to stop the germans from coming, and I saw one at the beginning of the side path up the mountain. I took out my grenade and began charging it, he saw me and took a shot at me with his bolt and missed. I threw it at him and it blew up RIGHT next to his head. It kind of looked like it collided with his head and exploded. :)

Upvote 0
I was duking it out with a Tiger on Konigsplatz while commanding the IS2 when some Russian infantry ran in front of the Tiger's 88 just as he fired. Instead of the AP round hitting me, it obliterated the unlucky Russian infantry that ran in front of the Tiger, and I was able to fire the next round and knock him out.

But man, just that random event kept me laughing for the next 5 minutes. The Tiger should have killed me, but infantry to safe teh day!

Upvote 0
I was a russian mg in Odessa, I was running to the first square via the apartments, right when I was at the hole in the wall that leads to the square I see 2 germans, I try to shoot them with my pistol but I miss, quickly I hip my mg and start shooting. I fire my whole magazine at them, now standing inside, but I miss every shot. So I figured out my only option is now running away inside the apartment. So I start running but at the stairs stands a friendly blocking my way to the first door. I dive to prone while under heavy fire, I get back up, my hearth is beating like mad, and run away...only to get shot in the back. :(

Upvote 0
There are a lot of really cool moments but one recent one was on Ogledow and I went into one of the barns, lots of enemy tanks started rushing in (like 3 at least.). I grabed a Panzerfaust and waited until they got closer, when one got near I popped out and shot it strait in the front, it blew up instantly and I went back in and grabed anouther Panzerfaust, this repeated untill I had killed around four tanks in a row, at that point I popped out to see if there was a tank and there was a crewman pointing his handgun at my face.

Upvote 0
Cool - I got a top RO moment on my map - makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, that does :)

I have several moments on that map I won't easily forget...

1. I was the last German standing. My MG34 out of ammo I told my death teammates I would charge the Posta with my Luger. I did so and managed to kill two Russians and crawled under the table and died in the firefight that followed.:eek:
2. I was a Russian MGer and positioned next to the church managed to get a lot of kills.
3. As Russian rifleman I outflanked the German sniper, killed him and captured his rifle. A few seconds later I was TKed by someone who thought I was German as I came towards the Russians. :mad:

Upvote 0
On the beach assult map, there was a russian sniper that was causing us trouble. I couldent shoot him cause
TSGT.jpg
:p

So i flanked him and ended up right behind him, as i shot he just ducked and i missed he realised i was behind him and i thought i was dead....but no he dident have a bullet in the chamber so as he shot he had to bolt it!

So then i quickly bolted before him and shot him in the chest, then he started to fold over and die....another thing i like about this game is when they die (i dont know if its on purpose or its just the ragdoll) but they look very realistic and seem to squirm :eek:

Upvote 0
Best moment ever?

Back in the mod days I was playing in a BFE game and ended up being the last guy left as russian. Not only did I put up a fight, but I put up the most epic fight in RO history. Since all 15 teammates were on teamspeak they counted at least 13 kills before the germans just rained grenades on the garage I was defending. I'm pretty sure they organized a volley of at least six grenades at once too.

I'm pretty sure all the other best moments have been playing BFE since having a full team of people that follow orders makes RO a very different game. I wish I could rejoin it but work/school/social crap eats up all my free time.

Upvote 0
This episode happened about two weeks ago. I was playing BDJ late one night and was driving around in my Stug(my favorit tank...) in CH with another Stug. I was facing the ruins and he was facing WF. Suddenly a russ starts running towards my friend with a satchel in his hands, he didn't see me?? I turned my tank and loaded a HE... When I looked in the gunners sight I saw the Russ standing on the Stug in triumpf... I fire the HE right in the back of the guy before he drops the bomb...Maaaan - his arms and head just poped like a cracker.... funniest thing I've ever seen...Muhaaahaaahaaa....

Upvote 0
Every moment is my favourate moment in RO, but lately my funniest favourate moment was 2 weeks ago on that new map Xendence made
we were to attack that hill with the bunker, and so kept failing
so myself, with my incredible charisma ordered everyone to rally with me
I saw 95% of my team (this was on public so I was very pleased) standing behind me
I gave one of my usual commander speeches on my mic, then i yelled "OK BROTHERS! WE WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER THE RUSSIANS WILL CRUMBLE BENETH OUR BOOTS OF STEEL!!! FOLLOW MEE TO VICTO..*" didnt finish that sentence and {Core}AppleSauce sniped me in the head.
we all couldnt stop laughing for atleast 42 seconds afterwards
bastard doosh

Upvote 0