• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

18MB patch just now

Kinda weird how most people with bad hardware run this game good.

Im on a Dualcore 3.0 and a 9800 GT.

These specs are from 2007. And here i am running the game medium with 50 - 60 FPS. But before the patch i couldnt run it 25 even on low.

I dont know about you guys, But i do wish you good luck with the game. If you didnt get a FPS boost you can report on the support forums aaaand you might get lucky enough to fix it.

Upvote 0
OK between these two patches, the game runs much smoother. I was running med/high and getting 50-60 fps with no aa enabled. Now I run high with motion blur off and medium aa and get 50-60 with far fewer drops. I'm not sure I ever saw it drop below 35. Drops into the 30's and 20's were the norm in smoke or arty...but not anymore. Good job Tripwire.

ps and I was able to do this in full 64 player servers, whereas before I was sticking to 40-50 player servers. bonus.

Upvote 0
Everything on ultra @ 1680x1050 seems to get me an average of 30fps...even in a 32 man server, which surprised me. No crashes yet (came close at the end of a round on commissars house), but I did get the sound bug on a map change.

e6600 @3.4ghz
GTX260
2gb ram
win7 x32
Don't feel bad about it
I get about 35 fps with 2 460s superclocked, a 955@ 3.6, and 4gigs of ram in a 32 player server on ultra

Upvote 0
Don't feel bad about it
I get about 35 fps with 2 460s superclocked, a 955@ 3.6, and 4gigs of ram in a 32 player server on ultra

I was actually surprised because I was expecting worse, not because I was disappointed (or was that sarcasm?):p. Sorry to hear you are getting poor performance with that rig though. I cant imagine a comp like that having trouble running this or any other game on the market.

Upvote 0
Ahh yeah that was great apart from the lag and moaning... "AAUUUUAAAAAA GET BETTER HARDWARE SERVA OWNERRRR"

They shouldn't yell at the server owner, it is Punkbuster not him. I find the game runs fine on cheaper servers so long as PB is off.

If you want less lag (1/3) and no warping, check if the server you are joining has PB off, if it does it is a sure bet that ping will be fine and there will be no warping.

And this isn't just RO, PB has done this in every game I have played with it, it is fairly bad in RO but in some older games it kicked up to 80% of the time when joining for no reason. (AA3, AA2 etc)

Upvote 0
Kinda weird how most people with bad hardware run this game good.

Im on a Dualcore 3.0 and a 9800 GT.

These specs are from 2007. And here i am running the game medium with 50 - 60 FPS. But before the patch i couldnt run it 25 even on low.

I dont know about you guys, But i do wish you good luck with the game. If you didnt get a FPS boost you can report on the support forums aaaand you might get lucky enough to fix it.

fascinating. i'm running a dual-core 3.0 also and have a 9600 GT, 2GB ram. i actually run the game on ultra on most settings, with shadows on high, Post-Processing Level on Medium, and Occlusion on Normal. Most boxes left unchecked except for motion blur and light shafts. i actually don't tend to notice a large difference between medium and ultra.

the game runs very smooth on certain maps - grain elevator, apartments, spartanovka, but pavlov's house, and commisar's house kill it. on those maps it seems to run stable but then the game hitches and can't catch up. so i wait 10 seconds for a frame to load, move a few inches before it hitches again.

it sounds like there could be a driver issue with recent GTX cards and the ATi equivalent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was actually surprised because I was expecting worse, not because I was disappointed (or was that sarcasm?):p. Sorry to hear you are getting poor performance with that rig though. I cant imagine a comp like that having trouble running this or any other game on the market.

Its just this game is the thing, they are working on it :) I don't mind waiting, I have other games I can play that play perfectly

Upvote 0