• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server High speed re-direct

Cat_in_da_Hat

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 11, 2006
In anticipation for new maps from modders, does RO2 have provisions for external map loading like the previous game. High speed redirect or whatever it was called. You know when you could put your maps on another url so players download from that site not the game server.

Last edited:
I just tested this by deleting a stock map, loading it to my redirect server and seeing if it will down load. It didn't work.

It would also not download the map from the game server even when AllowDownloads=True so I don't think new maps are going to work the usual way unless this is fixed. So end of 2014.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
I just tested this by deleting a stock map, loading it to my redirect server and seeing if it will down load. It didn't work.

It would also not download the map from the game server even when AllowDownloads=True so I don't think new maps are going to work the usual way unless this is fixed. So end of 2014.

Game server:
\ro2\rogame\cookedpcserver\CustomMaps

\ro2\rogame\config\ROEngine

[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=True
AllowPeerConnections=False
AllowPeerVoice=False
ConnectionTimeout=30.0
InitialConnectTimeout=200.0
AckTimeout=1.0
KeepAliveTime=0.2
MaxClientRate=15000
MaxInternetClientRate=10000
RelevantTimeout=5.0
SpawnPrioritySeconds=1.0
ServerTravelPause=4.0
NetServerMaxTickRate=20
LanServerMaxTickRate=35
DownloadManagers=IpDrv.HTTPDownload
DownloadManagers=Engine.ChannelDownload
NetConnectionClassName=IpDrv.TcpipConnection

[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://pathtoyourredirect/RO2/Custommaps/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=False

Will this work? who knows, we just need to wait and see, i don't have a redirect so i can't test it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maj Day I have a redirect server and it didn't work. Though I didn't include the ProxyServerHost= and also ProxyServerPort=3128 so that might be the problem. I will try again at some point with that.

But what concerns me more is that when i deleted a map on my local machine it was not download from any game server as it would normally be.

Try it for yourself Maj Day. Even the error message isn't popping up in my face I have to hit escape to see it (though you can hear it being presented)

Something is not right with this and it would be great to get that fixed before people start releasing new maps.

I am so keen to host new maps on my server so anyone that wants a live testing ground for maps let me know !

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those settings were based on the RO1/UT3 settings, so were as much a guess as anything else.
RO1 used a cache file on the client, but as far as i can tell, their is no cache file in RO2, we need to wait on TWI telling us where the custom files should be downloaded to.

Try creating a custom maps folder on the client:
my documents etc etc.\ro2\rogame\cookedpcserver\CustomMaps\

and try this on the server;

RedirectToURL=http://www.yourserver.com/RO2/Custommaps/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
still not working for me.

This is what i have done so far.

added the below to the ROGame.ini

[TE-Ogledow_B1 ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=TE-Ogledow_B1
FriendlyName=Ogledow_B1
GameType=ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_ComHouse>
Description=Ogledow_B1 Map
LoadMapMovie=LoadScreen_Commissars
MapTips=TECommissarsTip1
MapTips=TECommissarsTip2
MapType16=ROMT_InfantryOnly
MapType32=ROMT_CombinedArms
MapType64=ROMT_CombinedArms

[Ogledow_B1 ROUIDataProvider_WorldInfo]
MapName=Ogledow_B1
FriendlyName=Ogledow_B1
PreviewImageMarkup=<Images:ui_textures.menus.HostGame.ui_hostgame_mapselect_Ogledow_B1>
Description=Ogledow_B1 Map

Also changed this

GameMapCycles=(Maps=("TE-Apartments","TE-Spartanovka","TE-CommissarsHouse","TE-RedOctoberFactory","TE-Station","TE-Barracks","TE-GrainElevator","TE-PavlovsHouse","TE-Ogledow_B1"),RoundLimits=(0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0))

To include Ogledow.

and added

TerritoryMaps[10]=(Maps=("TE-Ogledow_B1"))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems that when you put a files in a folder off cookpcserver (cookedpcserver/Custom) the game server will not start.

Works for me, and it should be \ro2\rogame\cookedpcserver\CustomMaps\ (all backslashes)
Simply putting a new folder into the server files shouldn't prevent the server from starting, i also put a RO map in the custommaps folder,you must have changed something else as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have a few hours free this morning so I am going to keep trying a little longer.

Did you make the changes to your ROGame.ini as I did. From my error log it seems like the map is being found, but it crashes after that.

I am just uploading theB2 version and will see what that does.

This is my error log for B1.

0026.42] Log: Server switch level: TE-Ogledow_B1?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=32?game=ROGame. ROGameInfoTerritories
[0026.42] Log: URL: Adding default option Name=Player
[0026.42] Log: URL: Adding default option Team=255
[0026.43] Log: LoadMap: TE-Ogledow_B1?MinPlayers=0?MaxPlayers=32?game=ROGame. ROGameInfoTerritories?Name=Player?Team=255
[0026.48] Exit: TcpNetDriver_0 shut down
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_5'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris': Can't find file for package 'AUD_Environment_Debris' while loading NULL
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_6'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris': Can't find file for package 'AUD_Environment_Debris' while loading NULL
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_7'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_5'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_6'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_7'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled' ('---').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_5'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor:SoundNodeRandom _3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_6'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor:SoundNodeRandom _3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_7'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor:SoundNodeRandom _3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_5'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor:SoundNodeRandom _4' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_6'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Alarm_CreakingFloor:SoundNodeRandom _4' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_5'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled:SoundNodeRan dom_3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_6'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled:SoundNodeRan dom_3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.54] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'AUD_Environment_Debris.AMB_Debris_Wood_Plank_7'! Referenced by 'TE-Ogledow_B1.Cue_Birds_Pigeons_Startled:SoundNodeRan dom_3' ('Engine.SoundNode:ChildNodes').
[0026.55] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
[0026.55] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[0028.96] Log: === Critical error: ===
Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x75d0b9bc (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll]
Address = 0x47ece1 (filename not found) [in C:\UserFiles\MattB\179\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
Address = 0x4ae823 (filename not found) [in C:\UserFiles\MattB\179\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]
ww

Upvote 0