• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would you want to do with the one givin the idea about a rank up system?

What would you want to do with the one givin the idea about a rank up system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like leveling, unlocking and upgrading in general, but not how's it been implemented in RO2.

What I don't like:
- inconistent leveling requirements:
why do secondary handguns require more than 3x the amount of points to level than primary weapons? even among the same class the requirements seem random:
Secondary TT33: 48pts for lvl1 vs. C96: 62pts for lvl1 vs. P38: 38pts for lvl1 vs. Primary K98: 20pts for lvl14

- weird design choices:
why does any class level Veteran L4 require 4134 points? why not 4769? why not 4000?

- questionable, unnecessary, inconsistent and useless unlocks/attachments: MKB42 with scope AND bayonet; sniper rifles with bayonet, silenced nagant, cosmetic pistol grip etc...

- fixed, non-optional attachments and upgrades:
discussions about bayonets, MKB42 scope, MP40 dual mag, etc... come to mind

- botched and unreliable statistics:
I still have some weapons with accuracy absurdly above 100% and still the weapon progress menu shows the wrong statistics for different weapons at times

What I do like:
- physical appearance of character changes and becomes grittier with class level-ups

- moderate increase of ammo, stamina, melee and such related stats:
although disliked by others, I like those bonuses because for example an increase of 10% ammo at lvl3 is nice but not game breaking and reflects how a Battle Hardened soldier makes better use of his equipment to take more ammo

Upvote 0
It's one of my big irks, for two big reasons:

1) They butchered the historical accuracy of some of the guns to make room for an unlock tree
2) It widens the gap between new players and veterans even more than the skill-gap, and makes it a LOT harder for new players to break into the series

This x100000000000

I don't see how tripwire couldn't have seen this comming

Upvote 0
It's horribly misplaced. There isn't even enough atachements for the weapons of this timeperiod to make a proper unlock system, so it's not like it will compete with COD and the likes anyway. Why oh why didn't they include a proper "classic mode" with no unlocks and correct loadouts for all classes?

Ranking and stats are still nice ideas (for SL selection and what not) but this must be disabled (correct me if I'm wrong) if you want to customize the class loadouts.. One would think that there would be some value in catering to the old fans..

Upvote 0