• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Assists for Arty spotter

Synesthesia

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Here's something i heard from some pub player, and i think he was right on the money.

It would be cool if the SLs got assist points for the kills that arty gets after he spots for the Commander. So far, SLs run around for the SVT, not using smoke, not spotting, getting killed a lot. It would encourage them to start spotting, and see what other items he has in his inventory. (The binocs, the smoke grenade) We need to start encouraging players to play in a team, i think this would help.

Also agreed, though my experience of playing commander is that squad leaders rarely mark anything.

I presume there is training in the single player mission, but a lot of people jump straight to multiplayer and spend a lot longer figuring all the ins and outs that way - I only just found out you could blind fire and underhand throw grenades..

Perhaps (disable-able) hint messages for when you first play a squad type would/would have been useful?

Upvote 0
+1.

And +1 for tank crew getting assists for their commander's kills!

Also agreed, though my experience of playing commander is that squad leaders rarely mark anything.
Having played a lot of squad leader now, your priority is staying alive. The time you stay visible enough to spot a target is often enough to get you shot. I know spotting is actually pretty important for your squad members who watch their mini-maps...it's just a really low priority in my mind.

It's kind of the same problem I had in Bad Company 2. I'd always spot targets before shooting them, and it would usually cost me the kill. In RO2, spotting the target instead of shooting them often GETS me killed. Apparently you can't hold your breath and spot targets at the same time either, which is kind of a pain in the *** for an MG, because their breatholding is really their zoom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
+1.
Apparently you can't hold your breath and spot targets at the same time either, which is kind of a pain in the *** for an MG, because their breatholding is really their zoom.

You can, it's your keyboard. It's called 'ghosting'. Unless you have a keyboard that touts anti-ghosting, you will be unable to press certain nearby keys simultaneously. A problem I need to solve for myself as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
here's something i heard from some pub player, and i think he was right on the money.

It would be cool if the sls got assist points for the kills that arty gets after he spots for the commander. So far, sls run around for the svt, not using smoke, not spotting, getting killed a lot. It would encourage them to start spotting, and see what other items he has in his inventory. (the binocs, the smoke grenade) we need to start encouraging players to play in a team, i think this would help.

+1

Upvote 0