• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Opinion from a new player

Bowtome

Dec 15, 2010
I only ever played ro1 for about 10 minutes when it first came out, the only reason I didn't play longer cause I was used to a mini map telling me where to go and as far as I remember back then , you had to know where to go and I was always getting lost so stopped playing.

First off let me say I have encountered no bugs, which is probably me too stupid to know one when I meet one. I can pick up dropped weapons, I read one post somebody couldn't.

Why did I buy it when I am such a BF/Arcadey fan? Because I love anything WWII, and the Eastern front hasn't been done before so this is a good addition to my collection.

What do I like about it?
I like the graphics, I like the maps, I like the buildings, I like the player animations, I like that you can't spray and pray. I like the ballistics, I like the death animations, I like the sounds(love the sounds in fact) , love the team work that I saw in MP

What don't I like?
Not found anything I don't like yet, but to be honest I am not that picky as some are.

All in all , worth every penny of the

The Eastern front hasn't been done before so this is a good addition to my collection.

That made me chuckle but i'm just being pedantic.

Nice to see some (people) have a brain and not be all 'OMGZ FIXXes it NO0w!'.

Red Orchestra 2 is like a fine wine, or Patrick Swazy, it gets better with time.

EDIT: Sorry Zips, i wasn't being a fanboy though. Just a personal opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Glad you're enjoying the game! Just remember, TWI is pretty damn good when it comes to supporting their titles, so be sure to keep an eye out for free DLC down the road (after bug fixes and other patches, those obviously take precedence).
Free DLC? Its just content that had to be in in the first place. Bit cheap to market it with free DLC blabla.

Upvote 0
Free DLC? Its just content that had to be in in the first place. Bit cheap to market it with free DLC blabla.
Should learn the difference between free PC DLC and the normal Console DLC that is rarely free that was all ready on the disc to begin with. Also I might add you must not know tripwire very well or any of their games which they have released wonderful DLC through the years. Please research before spewing out false statements, my two cents :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe TWI can produce a tweak guide that has screenshots with various different settings and descriptions how they typically affect your system. E.g. with 2GB of ram or more you can set this to high and with 4 or more you can set it to ultra, etc.

Just so a) we can rule out unrealistic expectations where people want to play the game at a super high resolution with 16xAA but they gpu is clearly not up to it. This would help diagnose actual performance problems that are actual problems and not just down to the game eating through PCs in general, as it seems.
And b) it would certainly help newcomers a great deal to get the most out of their system and enjoy RO2 at the best possible setting their machines can handle.

Something to think about.

Red Orchestra 2 is like a fine wine, or Patrick Swazy, it gets better with time.
:eek:

(never trust FullMetalMonkey again!)

Is the joke "because Patrick Swayze is dead now"? Because if it is: lol and shame on you!:p

Upvote 0
I didn't post this to have a fight, just my opinions.

regarding Ro1, it was the day it came out and confused me, not hard to do. I never gave it a chance.

To be honest this is one of the best game releases recently. Go on the AOEO forums, go on the Blops, Crysis 2, Il 2 Cliffs of dover and read them when the game was released. Cliffs of Dover had 2 fps in some sections.
I played MOH, wow those forums were like a battlefield.

As I say, I am enjoying it, people complaining on here with valid points is not stopping my enjoyment of the game.

(and yes I know there were other eastern front games, I just meant one that I liked)

Upvote 0
So we should wait another couple of years so we can have EVERYTHING on release?

It's bizarre isn't it? People really don't think before they make these comments about DLC. This whole thoery of "anything released after the event should have been in anyway", is very flawed. It can be applied to DLC, expansion packs etc. - and really makes no sense in any context. It's almost as if developers can't produce anything extra, without the accusation that it was missing from the original product.

I personally think RO2 has everything it needs for release. The maps are good - sure there could be twice as many, but would they have comparable quality? With a team the size of TWI, I doubt it. They may need some tweaks and balancing before they're perfect, but IMO they're well designed, and have certainly been created with a fair amount of love and dedication to the craft. Maps for other FPS games rarely show these qualities, and are just enough to get by.

Upvote 0
It's bizarre isn't it? People really don't think before they make these comments about DLC. This whole thoery of "anything released after the event should have been in anyway", is very flawed. It can be applied to DLC, expansion packs etc. - and really makes no sense in any context. It's almost as if developers can't produce anything extra, without the accusation that it was missing from the original product.

I personally think RO2 has everything it needs for release. The maps are good - sure there could be twice as many, but would they have comparable quality? With a team the size of TWI, I doubt it. They may need some tweaks and balancing before they're perfect, but IMO they're well designed, and have certainly been created with a fair amount of love and dedication to the craft. Maps for other FPS games rarely show these qualities, and are just enough to get by.
And it's even more bizarre when the content updates are free :p

Upvote 0
Also a new player. I had RO1 but hardly played it as I found it too hard and it just got incredibly frustrating.

have to say so far RO2 is pretty much the same for me. I get shot by people I never see from seemingly miles away. I have no idea why or what I am supposed to be doing in the various game modes and don't have a clue why my team wins or loses. Lots of graphic glitches and the MP has crashed out 3 times so far.

keep having some red exclamation bar appear and I seem to die when I have not been shot and don't know why. The lack of a basic manual is really pathetic. Ok dont print one up but at least make a pdf manual or something.

Not sure I will keep at it as its becoming more annoying than fun right now hoping it might improve playing with clan mates as a team.

Upvote 0