• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crysis 2 ZOMG SPECULATION!

I can understand some kinks, bugs, and the like with your first public release but when you know there is going to be a TON of criticism coming at you about the game being consolized, even if the demo is strong, how the **** do you allow the first screen to say "PRESS START TO BEGIN"?! Are you kidding me? Do they have even the most basic of testing? Either that or they're trolling...hard. They might as well have said "Press Start to go **** yourselves PC gamers".

With that said, I have enjoyed some multiplatform games recently and I'll reserve my judgement on the gameplay when I get to play it......except I can't because it will not allow me to either A) login or B) create a new login. What a **** show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
GTX 260. It does look extremely blurry, and that is the worst part. It just looks odd.

To me, all the nice things the nano suit did are just lost in the MP aspect of this game. With tiny maps and no prone, there is no sneaking around... just spawn, kill some bad guys, die, and rinse repeat. Very generic and the suit is more of a gimmick.

And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Crysis Wars...

Will the SP be great? I am not sure, but I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: fOgGy
Upvote 0
GTX 260. It does look extremely blurry, and that is the worst part. It just looks odd.

To me, all the nice things the nano suit did are just lost in the MP aspect of this game. With tiny maps and no prone, there is no sneaking around... just spawn, kill some bad guys, die, and rinse repeat. Very generic and the suit is more of a gimmick.

And this is coming from someone who really enjoyed Crysis Wars...

Will the SP be great? I am not sure, but I hope so.
Yep taking out lean and prone and forcing players into tiny maps really makes the game a run-and-gun fest. I hardly even feel the need to use my powers because I'm rarely alive long enough to care.

Upvote 0
Yep taking out lean and prone and forcing players into tiny maps really makes the game a run-and-gun fest. I hardly even feel the need to use my powers because I'm rarely alive long enough to care.

I feel the same way. It is not that the maps are small - they are tiny. No room to do much of anything. And the 12 player limit actually does fit well for such maps. Better than having 20-30 people in such a small map... but still an awful decision.

Upvote 0
Its a port through and through. I felt that everything was a lower quality production than the first. I would have actually liked the game had everything been less blurry, but only as free to play.

1. The nanosuit

The whole suit feels dumbed down. The only reasonably good thing that has happened is the combination of speed and strength. Even that probably shouldn't have been changed, maybe the high jump put in speed but thats it. Now armor is a draining ability??? last time, armor would only drain if you got shot. Long story short, the nanosuit got limited, dumbed down, and made into an inferior model from the original.

2. The graphics

They got worse.

The screen is now blurry. They've added in a headbob which is awful, I turned it off immediately. Just a lot of bloom.

3. The gameplay

Crysis was a game that lent itself well to the battlefieldesque gameplay in MP. Honestly, I was really looking forward to playing in a city, I feel that the game would be excellent with even 24 players in a conquest gametype. The ability to go almost anywhere with the suit would have made for some very interesting firefights with flanking and attacks from all levels and some really cool squadplay.

What they have is a CoD clone (I mean exactly the same) with a nanosuit gimick. The speed of the players (carrying over from the nanosuit) is both too fast and too slow at the same time. The basic speed (given that the base suit function is the speed/strength mix) is too fast for the mapsize. The sprint, compared to Crysis, is far too slow. In Crysis, the speed sprint was to haul *** over a huge distance in seconds. Now, its nowhere near what it was, you move faster, like a normal sprint should be.

Your life expectancy is 30 seconds on a good life. Its run, shoot, die. Rinse and repeat. The maps tiny size only make this worse.

Movement feels off, hit detection is sketchy, game lag when Im running 20 ping. The FPS would stay constant, but there would be delays in shots/sudden speedups where half the clip would be instantly out (3 bullets for every one fired). I had chest shots and misses count as headshots and visa versa.

And that is just the game itself, Im not even going to start on how glaringly obvious it is that this is a direct console port. Any thoughts I had on getting this before it finds itself in the $10 bin are gone. And ill only get it if the singleplayer is decent. The game is pure wasted potential.

Upvote 0
The game feels stiff and even with keyboard mouse I feel like I'm playing with gamepad.

Too bad, I wonder if the game devs feels proud of their product after the console treatment. Going by the demo it is lesser product in everyway than Crysis.

Sometimes I wonder about that. When a game is released sub-par, as seems to be happening more and more frequently, do the devs take pride in the product? or do they just care about the paycheck at the end of the day? Or is it that they are given a timetable and are required to have a finished product by a date and so get together the best that they can by that time? Sometimes I think that the devs of a game worry too much about what "we" want, and less about creating a game that they would want to play and would enjoy, leading to a lower quality product.

While I am eager to get my hands on HoS, and want it as soon as possible, I am glad that TWI is taking the time for polish and getting things right, and I really wish other companies would follow that philosophy. A game that is well made will sell itself, and will continue to sell in sequels. For all of their flaws, CoD made some excellent games and that is what created the name that it is today, not a quick reskin emerging every day.

Upvote 0
I don't see what the big deal is. Crysis was extremely linear, the suit powers sucked and lasted about two seconds, and the game raped your PC if you had mid a range machine. Boring. and the boss fight at the end. A boss fight! In a game that takes itself seriously! I just quit playing when I got to the friggin boss fight. Never played multiplayer, I figured it wasn't anything special.

I guess you can tell Crysis 2 is exactly what I expected it would be :rolleyes: And I'm a person that thought Far Cry 2 would be epic, and hated the game. At any rate, certainly not even considering this demo, even on my Xbox, after reading this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see what the big deal is. Crysis was extremely linear...

You had freedom in how you completed your objectives. Want to take a boat and skip all of the land based checkpoints? Why not?

Wanted to sneak around the checkpoints undetected without firing a shot? Go ahead.

Wanted to go in guns blazing? You sure could.

For a nontacitcal shooter, the game was very open ended for a shooter. You can't say the same for the HoH, CoD, Halo, or HL series.

Upvote 0
Crysis was extremely linear, the suit powers sucked and lasted about two seconds...

While you did have to get from point A to point B, the options on how to get there, and how you could fight the enemies you encountered were pretty varied; also the suit powers were pretty balanced. Yes they ran on AA batteries, but they recharged quick and usually everyone in the immediate area was dead before you had to worry about that.

There was stealth which was a bit op, but took longer and wasn't as fun as say, sprinting up to a korean, shooting him in the face with a shotgun, then switching to power, jumping over his buddy and bashing him in the back of the head with the stock of your gun:cool: it got even more fun dealing with the little aliens inside the dome for that short while.

As Flogger said, it was pretty open ended for a shooter.

I didnt play too much multiplayer because I had a hard time connecting with any servers, but from what i did, it was fun. The whole purchase system was a bit iffy though....

Upvote 0
Finally got a chance to play the demo. Overall, not entirely awful, yet thoroughly generic and forgettable. Despite too much blur and bloom, the graphics are pretty good all around. Sound is nothing special. The gameplay is decently fun but gets old fast since it follows the same formula that's been available a million times before: 4 basic classes, upgrades, small arena style maps, and quick erratic shootouts. The worst part is how difficult it is to spot people. Between people sprinting too fast, going into cloak, the overdone blur, the overdone bloom, and the crappy spawn points, by the time you realize you're looking at an enemy they probably already have the drop on you. Oh, and the maps are pure crap. They're small but still have plenty of space that is never used. For instance, on Skyline, no one ever goes inside because there's seemingly no point whatsoever to. So everyone just ends up fighting for the rooftop.

On the plus side, the mantling feels nice and it runs smooth on the "Gamer" graphics setting. Speaking of which, how the hell does low graphical settings translate to "Gamer". Wtf?

Upvote 0
I agree with all your points aside form sound Amerikaner. I actually thing the sounds where done nicely. It is one of the few games where the sounds of dropping knocking the mags, pulling the charging handle and whatnot are actually audible.

Gameplay is just too fast paced for me - spawn, run a few feet, shoot some guys, die, repeat. It gets old so quick.

As for "Gamer" "Hardcore" graphic settings, they introduced these odd terms in Crysis Warhead/Wars.

I have a feeling the SP will be linear like CoD as well... the only difference is that you can jump up onto things. At least that is what the whole "vertical gameplay" concept they are trying to push sounds like to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On the plus side, the mantling feels nice and it runs smooth on the "Gamer" graphics setting. Speaking of which, how the hell does low graphical settings translate to "Gamer". Wtf?

I think that's an hommage to a trend that started with "progamers" back in Counterstrike days: run the game in the lowest possible settings. That has many possible upsides, if you can see beyond the ugly:

• smoothest possible framerate
  • due to less detail, objects and players stick out more
  • some graphics, like bushes, don't show up, thus having a better view
Also, it could even be used to cheat. IIRC, in Ravenshield, the least detailed setting mlet you see through the smoke of smoge grenades, as the smoke sprites weren't as dense.

Upvote 0
Tried the demo and the movement feels extremely fluid (big plus), graphics are superb as usual and netcode is quite good. BUT multiplayer is such a standart POS.

Apparently they lack their own creativity so they copied everything they can from Modern Warfare, including killstreaks and rewards, those little challenges, killcam, ultra-small maps and ****ty "spawn into each other" gameplay.

The "defend the pod" gamemode is not fun at all, routing so many people into such confined areas is not a "gamemode". It's a mindless cluster****. The bigger deathmatch map played better, I hope they have more of them of that size.

Also they wasted all the "nanosuit" potential by simplifying it and by simplifying they made it useless. Armor slows you down so much, yet it doesn't give you much health. Speed is nerfed so it's limited to "sprint" mapped to the shift button. Strength is removed(why oh why) and cloak is so good that everybody is using it. You don't have the feeling of "Wow, this suit is so badass" in previous games anymore.

In conclusion I'd say this is just a standart MP shooter. They copied the template from MW and slapped it onto their game. At least other huge AAA titles like Killzone 3 and Battlefield stay true to their formulas while taking the good stuff from other games. Moving on.

Upvote 0