• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Custom Wave options WITH perk progression?

Perks are only allowed in the default gameplay settings. Adding more monsters, tweaking the waves, etc disrupts that balance. We're fine with you guys doing that on your servers, but we're not going to support earning perks/achievements like that.

But it gets a little bit boring doing the same things all the time :(
Its like grinding xp in WoW xD

Upvote 0
Because people see the perks have levels and want to rush level them, already i'm fed up with people screaming at each other because they needed that headshot or that stalker etc etc, spoils the fun of the game tbh just play for the fun... perks are just that, perks!!

Then I'm not sure what your problem is. If you don't like perks earning, and you don't want to "do the same thing", then custom mode is for you. There is no perks earning, and you can do whatever you want.

Upvote 0
The problem is if you set custom mode to make some really fun/crazy thing, the only way to survive would be with high level perks, but at the same time you can't level up the perks unless you play it the standard way.

Though this isn't my top priority anymore, My friends got a dedicated server and its hella fun again :D

Solo sucks {^.-}

I wub killin' floooorr

Upvote 0
Then I'm not sure what your problem is. If you don't like perks earning, and you don't want to "do the same thing", then custom mode is for you. There is no perks earning, and you can do whatever you want.

I don't have any problems with the game or its progression system, simply the way people are handling it and making it boring for themselves by just grinding perks all day (look how many perk raising maps there is already) if people moan about kill stealing or anything on my server there is a good chance they will be warned then removed.

Upvote 0
I don't have any problems with the game or its progression system, simply the way people are handling it and making it boring for themselves by just grinding perks all day (look how many perk raising maps there is already) if people moan about kill stealing or anything on my server there is a good chance they will be warned then removed.

I equate perk grinding maps to tf2 achievement maps. Incredibly stupid and destroys the fun.

Upvote 0