• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Melee Concept [Beta]

No offense but I think your damage values are too high i.e. 9mm does 40 damage compared to the knife which is 20. Your removing the need for provided weapons.

On a somewhat related note, you are comparing a knife, which is a cutting piercing type wound, to a blunt strike, which is more of a concussion/stunning type wound.

I move that you reduce the damage on all the blunt weapon strikes and maybe do a small stun chance.

Reactions: Gooblaster and Aze
Upvote 0
No offense but I think your damage values are too high i.e. 9mm does 40 damage compared to the knife which is 20. Your removing the need for provided weapons.

On a somewhat related note, you are comparing a knife, which is a cutting piercing type wound, to a blunt strike, which is more of a concussion/stunning type wound.

I move that you reduce the damage on all the blunt weapon strikes and maybe do a small stun chance.
The damage is placeholder.

Upvote 0
Love tactical knife with 9mm. Ammo display issues but no problems with the knife or pistol. I want tactical knife as default behavior in KF now ^^
A knife is better than a flashlight, always! But I'm in love with zerk perk so....
Zerk should get speed bonus with it though, and the primary slash the old knife has instead of iron sights. So its exactly like knife for zerks but RMB shoots with 9mm instead of doing nothing. For other perks its like the usual 9mm but knife stab instead of MMB.
I mean they are the two basic weakest weapons in the game, they can safely let us have both simultaneously without breaking the game.

Don't like the idea of only being able to use melee with a weapon only when you are out of ammo, very .... strange behavior.
And why do you need the ability to hit with all weapons? I mean alt fire for every weapon that doesn't already have alt fire is fine.

Giving weapons with flashlights melee attacks also is like adding flashlight to every weapon because some has. The shotguns already have their ALT that makes superior in dark maps. To OP to be shotgun/flashlight/melee wep combo. Same with auto/semi-auto guns and such.

Upvote 0