• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make the MG's have a lot less recoil, and require two men to operate the belt feed.

Make the MG's have a lot less recoil, and require two men to operate the belt feed.

• Total voters
I say no for several reasons.
1) being the ammo guy? very undesirable, not very much fun for most people. Stop and think about how this would play for an entire match.

2) if it is required that two men operate the MG, the MG presence on the whole will be undermined because who wants to be the ammo guy? Seriously. You do not want to make the MG's presence any less felt.

3) You take someone from the team who could be contributing in productive ways to the effort through any of the other roles and basically have them do what amounts to sitting by the MG and waiting.

4) you combined two questions into your poll, almost as if the recoil was bait to get people to upvote your ammo feeder idea. By the way, I also disagree about the recoil. Just drag back on your mouse slightly...recoil fixed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make two suggestions, one almost all will agree with and the other most won't agree with. Combine them in a poll so people can't select to support just one idea they have to support both or none. Sit back and watch people vote for something they don't want. Brilliant.

My thoughts exactly, and that's why I downvoted the guy cause he's leaving people with no choice.

That having been said the recoil of MG's is way too excessive ingame atm, that is clear. However having two men to operate the MG just wouldn't work in a game like this, and it isn't needed for realism either.

Upvote 0
The poll is ill conceived, so I did not vote.
But almost everybody in game is now using the MG34 in single shot mode only, everybody has understood that firing bursts is jut a waste of ammunition (unless you are firing at someone less than 50m from you), this might mean something...

I must also say that I tried the DP.28 and the recoil behaviour is much better, even though the gun was lighter than MG.34 and the bullet momentum should be comparable. Not that DP.28 has less recoil, just less up-down behaviour.

Maraz

Upvote 0
I must also say that I tried the DP.28 and the recoil behaviour is much better, even though the gun was lighter than MG.34 and the bullet momentum should be comparable. Not that DP.28 has less recoil, just less up-down behaviour.

DP should have noticeably less recoil as it fires at much lower rate of fire.

Very nice gun, I think I have more kills with DP these days as the Soviet side is always outnumbered.

Upvote 0
DP should have noticeably less recoil as it fires at much lower rate of fire.

Very nice gun, I think I have more kills with DP these days as the Soviet side is always outnumbered.

The DP28 doesn't feature a muzzle brake though, just a flash hider. The recoil of the two weapons is infact very comparable in reality, and the MG34's pistol grip allows for better control. Both weapons feature very little muzzle climb in reality.

Upvote 0
Feel free to prove that statement. I personally do not believe that the MG34 flash hider offers any appreciable amount of recoil reduction.

Pistol or any other grips do not affect the amount of recoil, thats only Newtonian physics.

Jippofin, the MG34 features a muzzle brake and flash hider in one package, the DP28 merely has a flash hider. Add to this that the MG34 is heavier as-well.

And whilst the pistol grip doesn't effect recoil it makes controlling it easier, hence why every MG today has one.

So, I'm just saying that the recoil in real life is very similar between both guns, whilst neither have much muzzle climb.

Upvote 0
MG34 muzzle brake & flash hider:
mg340023-en_3.jpg

muzzle.jpg

Upvote 0
It really doesn't act as a brake. If you look at it's internals it has just two cones facing different directions and the small holes in the side do not really reduce the recoil.

They don't act as the most effective muzzle brake when it comes to reducing recoil, no, but they help vent the gasses just as the flash suppressor/muzzle brake on an M16 for example, decreasing the recoil abit. During operation during the darker times of the day you can also observe the flames venting out the holes.

This combined with the 2.5 kg heavier weight helps keep the two weapons very close recoil wise. I atleast have had no problems controlling the MG34 in full automatic fire the times I've tried it, and keeping it on target is very easy - and this comes from a complete novice with the weapon.

Upvote 0