• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any infromation from TWI?

Katzenstreu

Sep 24, 2011
Well, the last week or so i had to download parts of RO2 again and again via steam. So my interpretation of this is, that there are updates being rolled out, which is great. The only thing I can not see is any information about the patches. Sometimes there is a forum post about some changes, but i have only seen one in the last week. So: am I not seeing the information or is there none, or ain't that even updates i'm downloading all the time?

Well, the last week or so i had to download parts of RO2 again and again via steam. So my interpretation of this is, that there are updates being rolled out, which is great. The only thing I can not see is any information about the patches. Sometimes there is a forum post about some changes, but i have only seen one in the last week. So: am I not seeing the information or is there none, or ain't that even updates i'm downloading all the time?

Just a few posts down from this one:
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=71133[/URL]

Upvote 0
Reactions: Matkailija
Upvote 0
That is correct. If you read my post and the thread carefully, you notice it gets posted changes that HAVE taken place. There aren't postponed changes such as november 2nd update.
ok, then I must have gotten You wrong, sorry. I thought maybe it just was not updated, because there was the separate thread about the Nov. 2nd update. So there are no updates at all (that's what I already thought) and something is messed up with my steam...something messed up with steam is no news at all ;)
Thank You all for Your patience with me :)

Upvote 0
Its probably a problem with your Steam?

...or you're a secret employee of TWI.

It is indeed a problem with Steam, and a common one. It regularly kicks up complete downloads of games for me, and simply doing the old "verify local game cache" results in the download shrinking from say 4GB+, to just a few MBs. I never get corruption with non-Steam stuff - so I've always assumed Steam is being stupid (not uncommon), and destroying it's own files on startup/shutdown. It isn't the most reliable piece of software available, that's for sure :)

OP - try right-clicking the game, go to the Local Files tab, and verify the game cache - see if this fixes the problem for you.

Are you like totally blind?

There's really no need for posts like this, and it's more likely this is Steam screwing up downloads/updates rather than something caused by RO2 itself or TWI releasing and rolling back updates. That wouldn't have resulted in "4 or 5" updates being applied.

Upvote 0