• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

November 2nd Update Changelist

I was hoping for some ping, performance, netcode, bullet reg type fixes or optimization.. this is what the competitive clan community is looking for, Tripwire... games with the best hit reg and overall performance are always the games the PC community flock to. (Counter-Strike and COD4:MW for example)

If TWI can deliver in the above stated areas, RO2 will gain traction among PC gamers.

LISTEN to what we WANT!
I know your listening TWI.

:) plex

Upvote 0
I've said it before and I'll say it again. When they patch, its not so much about priority. They are well aware of the issues players have been experiencing and each of them have to be addressed one by one. When it comes time to patching, it means they have a break through on X issues and they feel there are enough to consider implementing a patch.

If they've found a fix for a bug, they'll patch it. If they are still working on something, it will not be included in the patch. And with every bug, if they knew what the issue was, it would be fixed and patched. When a fix isn't included, it simply means they have not found a fix for it.

Its common sense if you think about it. So stop thinking they are ignoring other issues they are still working on. Again, if they knew what the problem was, it would already be fixed. Since they haven't found the cause of the Bug, they cannot fix it yet.

It's common sense to me that that this game should have "NEVER" been released in the state that it has. That's the bottom line.

Upvote 0
I was hoping for some ping, performance, netcode, bullet reg type fixes or optimization.. this is what the competitive clan community is looking for, Tripwire... games with the best hit reg and overall performance are always the games the PC community flock to. (Counter-Strike and COD4:MW for example)

If TWI can deliver in the above stated areas, RO2 will gain traction among PC gamers.

LISTEN to what we WANT!
I know your listening TWI.

:) plex

They are aware of these issues and what it would mean when they are fixed. Though, they cannot predict their fixes. If they knew what caused a problem, the problem would be fixed. That's why they aren't included. Its not like they are putting these issues at the bottom of their "fix list." Like others have pointed out, these fixes are most likely ones they've come across while addressing the larger issues. :p

Upvote 0
It's common sense to me that that this game should have "NEVER" been released in the state that it has. That's the bottom line.

I do agree, the game could have used more time for polishing before it was released. That's in the past and what is done is done, nothing will change that. My post that you quoted was merely a response to your opinion of TWI and "priority list for all the much needed fixes" being a joke.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, however, I was just pointing out some logic :p

Upvote 0
Thanks for the update.

Lets hope we see more major bug fixes and performance increases in the next patch. I'm currently still experiencing game-breaking problems like full system lock ups on Punkbuster servers.

Most importantly, however, some serious time needs to be put into reevaluating gameplay choices. Most of the people that I have talked to that don't play RO2 anymore claim that it is the game's snipey-ness and more arcade-like style of play that have turned them off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also forgot to mention some more issues I am experienceing

-Leveing up AVT 40 works but during the round if you want to simply check your stats it doesn't show the progress moving up and after match report shows SVT 40 progression, howevery AVT 40 recieves the credit so it feels like a simple typo.

-For the past few nights after Disconnecting from the server my stats are all 0 untill I restart the game (could be steam)

-I have steam cloud disabled and print screen key saves the picture but its pitch black when pasting it to lets say mspaint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you Ramm.

I wish people could just appreciate the effort you guys are putting into fixing things. For a community that is supposed to be more "mature", there is so often very little evidence of it in these forums.

Although I am still suffering from the sound bug and occasional crashes/freezes, thanks for your attention to those fixes you made. Looking forward to more.

Upvote 0
Ramm, keep the good work and thank you for posting.

I have a question. Do you own the UE3 (3.5?) DX11 licence or just the DX9 one?

Are any plans to switch to DX11 now or later?

they sad that dx11 may be happining in the future, but i dont think it ever will, not that i think tripwire is lazy or somtehing i just thing that would be a hell lot of work

Upvote 0
We can use an updated engine version. The problem with changing to a new engine version is the engine is very different from one version to the next. Our version that we shipped with is over a year old. There have been many changes between the two. It isn't simple to just switch to the new version.

A few examples:

Functionality is different or completely gone. the UI system and the terrain system were both changed, and the old versions are no longer in the engine at all and not supported.

Code changes break the game. Just upgrading to the new build, optimizations/changes in the base engine code usually break our code built on top of it. This takes about one to two months if not more to get the game back into the shape it was in before the upgrade.

So it isn't an instant process, and something we continue to look into it.

Upvote 0
I have to agree, TWI seems to put awful lot of work into things public and clan players think as low priority issues.

Reading the forum all the time, still they didn't catch the drift?

No wonder adding unnecessarily big texture size to small unimportant things giving us bad performance,

Cutting money on sound design, making smg sound a joke, overall battlefiled sound is kind of a joke in terms of volume and quality and there's almost no bullet hissing sound to mention, just listen to how bf3 sound design works...ro1 was better than this. (compared to crysis 2, bf3; though they are major companies with huge financier but xaudio that breaks sound if I turn up a volume more than default? come on)

I don't want to be like this, but look what you are doing, doing this and expect gamers not to get angry..

Nobody expect you to fix things in perfect order but this really isn't it.

Xaudio/ sound design, not only it sound very weak and poor, they are one of the major causes of performance drop, you already know this, don't you?

The quality and loudness of the sound and weapons is okay. Why
do you want to change it??? Do you want to get tinnitus??

Upvote 0