• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Ump45

Thanks so much guys for all the help, ive seperated some items i think i need yo, here is an image
ump3d2edit.png

Upvote 0
To the person thats down voting my posts, why? i didnt so anything (dropped ffrom 42 to 30 in past 12 or so hours and like only on this thread.)

It's a well-known fact that a lot of people using the rep system are complete morons, I'd just ignore it.

Say, how did you check your rep points to find that you went 42->30? I thought that feature got removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.D.* and Aztek2313
Upvote 0
It's a well-known fact that a lot of people using the rep system are complete morons, I'd just ignore it.

Say, how did you check your rep points to find that you went 42->30? I thought that feature got removed.
i click on a post that i did and i click on the button that normall would allow you to give reputation to other people and leave a comment.
this thing ""

Also, can i get some feed back on my recent gun update?

Upvote 0
i've animated in blender before, i made a sheep from minecraft lol.

but anyways no unfortunetly it doesn't export well into unrealed.

i've tried it on blender version 2.49 and 2.5 with over 4 different exporters... however it does export fine into 3ds max via the obj exporter that is built into blender. and you can do the animating from there. sorrow and i have tested this out.

now before you get a frowny face nope that at the time of me attempting animation through blender i was prob doing things wrong ex i know i was doing something wrong with 5 of 20+ tests because i was using IK and apparently unreal doesn't like IK ....... also this was about a year ago when i cunducted these tests so who knows maybe they fixed the exporters or made one that works........

also the exporter you need is for PSK/PSA formats PSK and Bones being the Mesh and PSA being the actual animations that tell the bones to go where and when to do so.

also to start improving the visual aspect of ur mesh you're going to use a lot of the knife tool(loop cuts, midline cuts, exact cuts) which will split up a face or a bunch of faces. ex if you cut up 1 quad you get 2 quads

YouTube - Blender Knife Tool Tutorial

and from those new faces/vertexes/edges you can fiddle around with them to add visual aspects.

mp5-aj.jpg

thats the mp5 type thing i made with blender. i used the knife tool frequently to make those indents. also once you start making the the fire mode select, iron sights(or whatever) and stuff like that it's actually easier to just use new objects and stick them on there. later on you can use use the join tool so they combine into one object. the iron sights, adjustable stock,the cocking mech., and the barrel attachment piece just in front of the rear iron sight are all seperate objects that i joined togeather later on

Last edited:
Reactions: Aztek2313
Upvote 0
the charging handle on an ump45 is located as on an mp5, you can see it in falidells screenshot. that tiny thingy above the barrel. you rack it back to move the bolt (the piece that ejects a spent cartridge, feeds a new one from the magazine into the chamber and houses the firing pin) backwards when loading a weapon of that type. then you let it slide back forward, allowing for the bolt to move forward, as well. the gun will be ready to fire after that (given there is a loaded magazine inserted).

maybe you should watch some videos on youtube to gain some knowledge on how firearms work and what the pieces are called. there are gunnuts, who upload videos of themselves disassembling and explaining every little part of any gun you can imagine. pretty handy for modelers.

Upvote 0
Okay, here's an explanation as to how the reloading works.

Empty Gun:
1) Pull charging handle back to open bolt
2) Insert Magazine
3) Opening the bolt allows round from magazine to come up
4) Let charging handle sling forward, this chambers the new round

One round chambered
1) Insert Magazine

You only need to fiddle with the thing up front when chambering a new round, and all it does is let you manually open the bolt and close it.

Upvote 0