• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question for Tripwire.

Given it used 2.0 (and that 2X and 2.5 were forked from 2.0) Epic likely laid the foundation for 2X when porting the build to XBox. Another license is going to be needed for another platform, it would make more sense to use UE2X. I wouldn't call simply having a UE2.0 title on XBox as working either as it certainly needed a lot of work getting it on the platform. There have been UE2.5 titles on XBox as well (only from Ubi) and it's no easy task getting it on there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
console gamers seem to have the idea that if you buy a pc then you will have to shell money into it to keep it updated hardware wise for the newest games.

this is true sometimes, (computers do get old and outdated) but not nearly as often as some people think. if you go out and buy a high end computer for about 1k, it will not be outdated for at least 5 years or so. whereas the 360 will not last for 5 years from now.

chances are if you are content with playing the same original bland gameplay over and over and over, then consoles are for you, but for those of us that like change and variation once in a while (AKA MODS AND CUSTOM CONTENT) then PC gaming is the only way to go. (literally)

Upvote 0
Why hasn't Killing Floor or Red Orchestra been put onto xbox live arcade? You could have the dlc on xbox live, just as you do on steam. I know a lot of people that would play it, because since they have 360s, they never touch their pc. I'm simply stating...xbox live arcade is in desperate need for good games.

The engine is licensed, they would have to pay more to get it on Microsoft hardware.

Upvote 0
I totally converted to PC gaming a year or two ago and I have to say I don't understand the hate you guys are giving the 360. Yes the PC offers a better experience when it works but we all know PC gaming has it's ups and downs.

If some people want idiot proof gaming and are willing to pay extra for it then who are we to judge? While I won't go back to console gaming now I can still understand why some people prefer it.

Upvote 0
And the ones doing it on the PC aren't? Obviously buying the game on the PC didn't make them enlightened flawless individuals like all PC owners are apparently supposed to be.

What with the unchecked hacker problem and the biblical failure that is IW Net on the PC version it's starting to look like the 360 players were the smart ones all along.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is a very arrogant thing to say. Not everyone knows about computers, not everyone has to. That doesn't make them idiots.

There is nothing wrong with paying a little bit extra for the certainty that when you buy a game it will work.

yes but there IS something wrong with claiming that a dumbed down gaming machine is better then the vastly dynamic gaming machine (aka 360 better then pc)

people who don't know how to use pc's tend to look at the "dynamic" aspect of a PC and think "complex" or "difficult" which is why they opt for the 360 when they are entirely wrong. PC's are easier to use now then ever before.

What with the unchecked hacker problem and the biblical failure that is IW Net on the PC version it's starting to look like the 360 players were the smart ones all along.

the 360 is harder to hack and therefore works better for the p2p matchmaking system, yeah. that's one good thing. out of the countless good things PC's better than consoles. but yeah i'll let you have that one victory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yes but there IS something wrong with claiming that a dumbed down gaming machine is better then the vastly dynamic gaming machine (aka 360 better then pc)

people who don't know how to use pc's tend to look at the "dynamic" aspect of a PC and think "complex" or "difficult" which is why they opt for the 360 when they are entirely wrong. PC's are easier to use now then ever before.

the 360 is harder to hack and therefore works better for the p2p matchmaking system, yeah. that's one good thing. out of the countless good things PC's better than consoles. but yeah i'll let you have that one victory.

I'm not disputing PC's are better I use a PC for gaming, but they take knowledge to use and maintain. Not everyone has that knowledge or the desire to gain it. Sure operating a PC might seem easy to you but that isn't a universal standard that applies to everyone.

I could ask you why don't you drive an F1 car to work? It's faster and far more advanced than that simple car you drive. You don't even need an engineering degree to make it start.

Same principle here really. The xbox is the gaming equivalent of a hyundai. It's simple and gets you from a to b, and that's all some people want.

Upvote 0
I'm not disputing PC's are better I use a PC for gaming, but they take knowledge to use and maintain. Not everyone has that knowledge or the desire to gain it. Sure operating a PC might seem easy to you but that isn't a universal standard that applies to everyone.

I could ask you why don't you drive an F1 car to work? It's faster and far more advanced than that simple car you drive. You don't even need an engineering degree to make it start.

Same principle here really. The xbox is the gaming equivalent of a hyundai. It's simple and gets you from a to b, and that's all some people want.

lol then there's no real argument here. im not saying the 360 (or any console) sucks, im just tired of people saying it's better and "more advanced" then PC's when they don't know sh*t

Upvote 0