• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

An Ill-Fated Petition: Make the Christmas Zeds Permanently Endemic to Santa's Level

Christmas is over. Even the hangover from New Years Eve is over. We need to get on with our lives. And after all, it is only a year to next Christmas.

I think Twisted Xmas did a lot for Killing Floor in terms of renewing interest, but the long term value are the balance fixes. And while Santas Lair is a blast to play, there are many equally good maps out there, waiting to be discovered and conquered. So I bid the lovely Stalker and the festive Nutcracker a merry so long, and load new shells in my shotgun for another year in the Hospital, atop Icebreaker, confined to Bedlam, through Suburbia, all places where the normal ZEDs are more appropriate.

Upvote 0
I've enjoyed this new map and zed skins as much as the next person but keeping it as a limited time thing is the best option. Everyone would be sick of the Xmas theme by Feb or March. Let's just hope people don't start spamming the board with "We want Valentine's Day themed Zeds, etc etc".

Thank you TWI for this special treat. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

Upvote 0
are the xmas specimen files still in my game folder?
I would rather they were gone.
It's over, christmas is over, enjoy them as a fun memory, i cannot understand why ppl need more than that tbh.

I agree. The novelty will wear off quickly for most of those that it hadn't already. At first I wanted it long term and personally I'm fine with them being gone. I look forward to their potential return next Holiday season.

Upvote 0
It's over, christmas is over

i've go no problem with that argument, honestly i don't.

my problem is the way TW makes that argument but only applies it to half of the "Christmas" themed content, the zeds, yet they leave in the other half with the Christmas map. if you're making the argument "it's not Christmas anymore", then you have to remove all of the Christmas themed content and not just some.

personally, i'd rather see them just take away the map too to stay in line with the argument as opposed to doing what the are. sorry, but to me it's just coming off a piss poor attempt to defend an irrational decision. :troll:

anyway...

It'd be technically possible, but it's not going to happen. Someone's probably going to make a mutator for it, but it won't be whitelisted.

yup, that is the only option

Upvote 0
i've go no problem with that argument, honestly i don't.

my problem is the way TW makes that argument but only applies it to half of the "Christmas" themed content, the zeds, yet they leave in the other half with the Christmas map.

yes i agree that's why ideally KF_santa's evil lair should become KF_ubiquitous factory, with the necessary static meshes removed.

Upvote 0
if you're making the argument "it's not Christmas anymore", then you have to remove all of the Christmas themed content and not just some.

Jesus man. Says who? You, grand master of all things KF? What if some people just enjoy the map and don't want the Christmas zeds all year round? It's really not a big deal. Make a mutator and be done with it.

Reactions: Entangler and SMIFF
Upvote 0