• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

Overexaggeration is a skill too, i guess.
ArmA 2's campaign was riddled with bugs yeah, didnt play through it all. However, Eagle Wing (free mini-campaign that came with a patch) was bloody awesome, and i havent experienced a single problem.
OA's is decent, but its too short for all the stuff to come together, you just dont care about characters and hardly notice there are any, just feels like a bunch of missions thrown together. That said, those arent bad.
BAF's campaign is pretty cool actually, tries to do some story telling on a more personal soldier level, and has some awesome missions and tasks.
I'd recommend giving that a go, at least.

Upvote 0
Also I don't get why games still have the XM8.

Contractors use all kinds of weapons...

Chris_XM8.jpg

http://img.wm-team.org/pmc/

Also, I think PMC will be awesome. It opens up possibilities for all kinds of cool missions. Place the PMC units in the north of Isla Duala, a female assassination target in the south of the island, and you basically have Jagged Alliance 2. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uninitiated here *raises hand*

Is ArmA2:OA a complete stand-alone? If someone were to be joining the ArmA ranks would this person be best served buying OA?

Like I said in another thread, I don't have a proper rig to run this game but I did add it (OA) to my wishlist :D

I will be upgrading at some point here for HOES and I might as well build a beast that can run ArmA too.. so which one is the latest and best with the most population?

Upvote 0
OA is stand alone and is the latest and prob the highest rated (if not necessarily the most played?) but you should really buy arma2 combined arms which will give you everything (except british forces dlc), for a price close to that of OA in any case.
plus i presume this will give you access to more mods.

I will buy operation arrowhead separately however as i already have arma2 retail, but it will amount to the same thing.

Upvote 0
Go for the Combined Operations version, yeah :)
It has both ArmA 2 and OA for an affordable price, and you get access to everything the games have to offer, including many custom islands (of which a lot use ArmA 2 buildings, and not OA). It would be a shame to miss out on those, since a lot of them are pure quality, like Lingor, Isla Duala and Panthera, or Thirsk etc etc. :D

Upvote 0
Go for the Combined Operations version, yeah :)
It has both ArmA 2 and OA for an affordable price, and you get access to everything the games have to offer, including many custom islands (of which a lot use ArmA 2 buildings, and not OA). It would be a shame to miss out on those, since a lot of them are pure quality, like Lingor, Isla Duala and Panthera, or Thirsk etc etc. :D

Don't forget Pedogorsk... but beware of the bears! :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0