• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor no longer working

Fish-E

Jun 6, 2009
Basically it was working fine until about 2PM. I bought it on Launch Day, played it for two weeks, then stopped. Started again this morning and it was fine.

However now basically the gun box and all the boxes there are out of allignment, the game seems to think I haven't played it before because it comes up asking me to sign the agreement again, tells me how to move etc. Furthermore when the loading screen comes up, it's just the picture of the map and the name of the map, no specimen or hint.

However worst of all is, I can't move. Every button stops working other than the Windows button. Why?

Laptop specs are :

Dual Core 2.2GHz Processor
2GB Ram
Intergrated Graphics Card (I can get the exact name on Request)
Vista Home Premium.

All that I've done since when it was working is started to download counter-strike source, but I don't see how that could affect Killing Floor.

HELP!

PS I took a screenshot but of course the boxes etc are removed so it just shows the zombies.

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2194 MHz with 2037MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

KillingFloorERROR2.png

KillingFloorERROR-1.png

Last edited:
Have you tried deleting Killingfloor.exe in the KF folder (X:\Steam\steamapps\common\killing floor\system\), boot steam and let it redownload the patch and such? It might be far fetched, but I had remotedly similiar case with one guy I know and that's what fixed his issue.

I'm redownloading it first, if that doesn't work then I'll try that.

I found out why the controls didn't work, for whatever reason they had all been wiped.

Tried doing your method, steam didn't redownload...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probable cause : Vista.
Probable but not obvious cause : Viruses

But Killing Floor is Vista compatible... As well as the fact I've been on Vista since Dec '07, so why should Killing Floor randomly stop working now?

I doubt it's virus's but I shall do a scan.

This is what I keep getting though, it doesn't mention Vista anywhere (or virus's)

Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2194 MHz with 2037MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::TryRenderDevice <- UWindowsViewport::OpenWindow <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

It'd be really useful if a member of Tripwire staff were to post...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0