• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The RO2 "Work In Progress" Video/Image Thread - All Welcome!

@BOH-rekrut

Could you add some more smoke in the background? After all, Stalingrad was burning like hell. If the background of your map, the city, would be darker, that would add a lot to the atmosphere. Sth like: "Your map is the gate to hell".
Or would this be a performance killer? Anyway, awesome work! :IS2:

i will give them a try to add more smok .

some sreens from my first map i would release
(in the next 2-3 weeks)

things to do :
add Objektives
add spawns
some kismet stuff
add some SM's

The germans will attacking and must capture the village

Attachments

• firstmap1.jpg
    firstmap1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
  • firstmap2.jpg
    firstmap2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 0
  • firstmap3.jpg
    firstmap3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
i will give them a try to add more smok .

some sreens from my first map i would release
(in the next 2-3 weeks)

things to do :
add Objektives
add spawns
some kismet stuff
add some SM's

The germans will attacking and must capture the village

Great, thanks! Any info about the approximate size of the map? In meters, I mean ;)

Upvote 0
You haven't played very much DH have you? Teamwork will get you anywhere you want to go.

I could be wrong but he wrote and ment infantry only. maps. Now the DH maps with open areas I played included tanks. So maybe thats the difference. Teamwork is always great but to often its hard to find.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bettysmith
Upvote 0
Concerning open maps, I'm developing this map keeping this fact in mind. I know that teamwork can get you anywhere but you have to think about the usual way the map will be played, ie pubbies, so I won't make it completely open but I won't be putting covers everywhere either. I think a good balance can be achieved, also smoke will be critical on my map

Same for me, the SDK takes at least 5min to load :(

Upvote 0
Shhhh, ken ;)

My first ever map was called Makhnovo and the first German assault was across a wide open field with a few half-tracks. Once the Germans got to the village it was fine but they rarely did.

Great rifle practice for the Soviets but not much fun, on the whole.

Incidentally, and this is just a personal preference here... you can have wide open maps with infantry if you have enough transport but the terrain usually has to be very lo-res to make the map big enough. That doesn't appeal too much to me cos I enjoy sculpting terrain and feel it should be on such a scale that it looks good even close up.

Upvote 0
Fun fact; Nestor was on the DH team and co-created some of the stock maps :p

I know, hence my comment about him not playing very much of it, but nm :cool:

Edit: Fun fact, He also played a large part in creating my favourite RO mod ( with mortars ), which sadly never got the attention it deserved :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something I have been working on for a while. Had a forced break for almost three weeks as my house got pissed by a leaking heatsystem.

Don't know where the map will end. Sometimes feels like a to big piece to chew on. Anyway I decided to post some screens. Its an industrial area.

Attachments

• cs1.jpg
    cs1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cs3.jpg
    cs3.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
  • cs4.jpg
    cs4.jpg