• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

December 14th "What We Are Up To"

• Realism Mode: No unlocks/upgrades

Votes: 116 10.8%
  • Realism Mode: More changes to game play in this mode (sway/speed/fatigue, ie: More realistic)

Votes: 511 47.6%
  • UI: Improved Commander system (removing arty targets from map, more )

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • UI: Improved notifications (pop up vote system, visual/audio feedback of votes, more)

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • General: Enhanced Game play (work on spawn systems/protection/game modes)

Votes: 95 8.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Coop

Votes: 35 3.3%
  • Missed launch functionality: Online Campaign

Votes: 52 4.8%
  • Missed launch functionality: Additional Clan/Server/Client Functionality

Votes: 27 2.5%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Bleeding, bandaging

Votes: 33 3.1%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Limb Deactivation on Damage

Votes: 50 4.7%
  • Changed/Improved Features: Improved squad system (interface, functionality)

Votes: 83 7.7%
  • Tanks: Reduced max tank limit (Improved tank stability/functionality and additional map content)

Votes: 55 5.1%

• Total voters
No options that address the crappy pings/lag spikes or stability issues aka "ROgame.exe has stopped working" ????!!!

FAIL.

#1 Fix the crashing. I quit playing this game for this reason alone. Stability issues should be first priority...but it seems theyve taken a backseat. It isnt fun when this game crashes every 2 hours in the middle of a epic round.
#2 Fix the lag & pings/hit detection
#3 Introduce new maps & SDK.

THEN you can worry about all the other crap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realism needs more realism, and there needs to be a server side option to disable upgrades (obviously some like the ppsh drum mag should remain). I think both of these are equally important.

In my eyes the second issue is ping and hit detection. I had a friend try out RO2 and he said "why play an FPS if the shooting doesn't work". To be fair he was a competitive CS player, but it goes to show that this impacts sales as well.

Reactions: bradleyg5
Upvote 0
No options that address the crappy pings/lag spikes or stability issues aka "ROgame.exe has stopped working" ????!!!

FAIL.

#1 Fix the crashing. I quit playing this game for this reason alone. Stability issues should be first priority...but it seems theyve taken a backseat. It isnt fun when this game crashes every 2 hours in the middle of a epic round.
#2 Fix the lag & pings/hit detection
#3 Introduce new maps & SDK.

THEN you can worry about all the other crap.

I have been posting about lag, ping issues, and hit detection since release..

TWI fails to listen or acknowledge these issues, as long as they do this, they will not have a player base above 1000 players, because they will not attract the competitive and clan based FPS crowd.. sad to say

Try listening to us for once Tripwire :(

one of my jobs is to make sure that all the voices in the community are heard.
LOL ^^

good luck,
plex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the lag/ping is unbearable at times, server queue option would be grand, the climbing up out of or onto a ledge and falling back in is incredibly annoying/dangerous, Protected area insta-kill, the decline in tank gameplay because of the super bots, and of course the things mentioned in the poll you made. Since I could only choose one, I went with realism - sway, fatigue, etc., but I really need all this crap fixed.

i think the lag/ping issues have to do with lack of latency compensation.. Also servers being overloaded with too many players..

Whatever the problem is, it needs to be fixed before the player base can grow =/

plex

Upvote 0
I wont vote.

This is just a red herring because they wont have another patch before Christmas or any more content.... as so many of us have been expecting there would be for the christmas holidays.

In this way players on the boards feel like they have some input into what will be in the next patch, while slyly inserting they are going on holidays

Using a poll on a forum is Making games or more specifically, "game patches" by committee.
Making this by commitee is STOOPID, surely you have an idea of the game you (TWI) want to make? well shut up and make it already.

Just keep fixing the game TWI or shut up.

Like some one said in a earlier post.... FIX the FRICKING HIT REGISTER ISSUES first. EDIT: ANd the Damm SDK FFS.

No one wants your vague Poll on players known concerns to throw them off the scent.

Upvote 0
Mekhazzio said:
Networking: Latency compensation

The game's biggest flaw is in the effectively random aimpoints required to hit people. It's the source of all the "hit reg" complaints, and it's the core functionality driving the online gameplay. Other changes are crippled while the foundation is so shaky.
this is the most important if i cant hit what my gun is aiming at all the gameplay changes or added features in the world wont bring me back. i frankly finally got fed up with it and just quit playing. everytime i start to have fun playing this game this crap shows up and ruins my fun.

Your both so right!...

I have been trying to get TWI attention about this for so long.. Here is a thread i started full of people complaining about this issue
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=986151#post986151

We must stay persistent and eventually they will open their eyes and listen.. at least i hope.

This game would be the best FPS out there if they would just fix this huge problem... it would attract a larger crowd and bring more modders and more fun for all of us

Edit:
Like some one said in a earlier post.... FIX the FRICKING HIT REGISTER ISSUES first. EDIT: ANd the Damm SDK FFS.

Right on brother...

plex

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm. I actually like all the prototypes/unlocks, just want them in smaller numbers :eek:. I mean, how can you not LOVE the AVT?

In regards to voting, I wasn't sure which category this would go in, but a big thing for me is improvement of Realism mode HUD to a more minimalist theme.

--Suppression is visual and auditory. No need for bar.
--Same with Stamina. You can hear heavy breathing, and SEE yourself jogging.

IMO it's better to gravitate towards more natural visual/audio cues, than seeing arguably "gamey" indicators pop up.

Reactions: Euphoria
Upvote 0
I agree with Draper. The whole poll thing is a sham.

Most of these fixes are things that shouldn't need to be fixed, but are instead things that should have been done right the first time around.

Where is the option for getting rid of the lock down timers? Just because someone is in love with an idea doesn't make it a good idea.

I also find it hard to believe that TWI actually gives a crap about any realism at all. They totally ignored that demographic earlier and isolated themselves further by referring to that group as .01% of the player base.

Oh well there is always Ostfront where the mighty IS-2 lives on and other tanks work correctly.

:IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
Above all the game needs more realism. Not too much, just some more sway, especially after running. After that it's bug fixes ahoy, because this game still has lots of bugs.

What is up with the SDK though? I can't stress this enough: lack of quality maps is what is hurting this game the most right now. The maps the game has right now, while pretty good overall (forgetting Gumrak), are much too small for the type of game this is. Just give us the SDK so we can play Ogledow! Seriously, I just want to play a map that is good and open for once!

Upvote 0