• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dignity for the Dead Achievement

NitroBullet

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
So I've been stuck on this Achievement for quite a while now. Apparently I have 1/10, but I do not know how I got it. I had a friend help me test it, but the monsters don't start feasting on the dead person, instead they go feast on the last man alive. Yes I did do this on a Listen Server.

Is this achievement bugged?

One time I was playing farm with a bunch of friends and we locked ourselves inside the barn and a random guy got killed outside of the barn by a few crawlers.

I could see through the window of the Barn, that all of the Crawlers were feasting on his dead body. I shot a few shots of my shotgun out of the window and only managed to kill 1 crawler for the achievement before the rest were stolen.

Upvote 0
Use holdout strategies on 6 man public servers, someone is always bound to be stupid and go out and try to be a badass.(I've done it once or twice myself ^_^)

If a person is killed out of line of sight from other players the specimens should attempt to feast. Welded doors are considered next targets for specimens though.

Upvote 0
One time I was playing farm with a bunch of friends and we locked ourselves inside the barn and a random guy got killed outside of the barn by a few crawlers.

I could see through the window of the Barn, that all of the Crawlers were feasting on his dead body. I shot a few shots of my shotgun out of the window and only managed to kill 1 crawler for the achievement before the rest were stolen.

sounds very creepy tale...

however, exactly the same thing happened to me

Upvote 0
the only time i notice specimens feast on my dead team mates is when there are specimens chasing me, otherwise they just come for me. also it doesn't matter how far or close you are as long as there are a few specimens chasing you.
so if your standing around watching the last few specimens kill your team mate it wont work.

Upvote 0
My strategy for D4tD

My strategy for D4tD

play a 6 man begginner long game... lvl 6 demo. spawn with pipe bombs... Run around gathering as many crawlers and gores as you can through the wave... then let them surround you. at about 20 hp... drop a pipe bomb. you expire... they feast... pipe arms itself... they go boom... Profit. Took me 1 Long game to get the achievement.

Upvote 0
Manormap

Inside Manor: 1 person below hole in ceiling and 1 hiding above it on 2nd floor...unseen to the zeds.

1st person will state when about to die from zedattacks and then 2nd person above will wait about 2 sec. ( 1 or 3 sec. also? ) and then move forwards to the edge of the hole and spray below with flamethrower as firebug.

I did myself as described above and i believe i could get 1 kill/wave!? Was long time ago!

Upvote 0