• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam servers are currently too busy???

hello guys
I currently have the deluxe edition of RO2, since I'm a long time fan.
Yet yesterday I finally tried to download the preload of RO2, no succes=> steam couldn't download.

I thought wth, I'll just do it tomorrow like everyone else.
But now I get this annoying error that the steam servers are too busy????:mad:

Anyone else got the problem and how to fix it?

I had the same problem, when I stopped the download halfway.
My solution was to delete te local content in the steam map (Ro2 map) and two files. After that it downloaded again like a charm
nope, deleted the RO2 map (there wasn't anything in it in the first place, because it already didn't download ANYTHING)
I promised myself to not play the beta and just play the game like everyone else. (I purchased the DDE version to support TWI and steam for some more money). But now I get this issue and I can't play the game AT ALL. It really makes me feel ****ed.

Upvote 0
your title for this post answers your question. the steam servers are currently to busy.. this happens sometimes. Try switching to another region like other people suggested. if that still doesnt work, then sorry you are at steams mercy :( Did you try giving them a phone call? that will give you a much faster answer than waiting for them to respond to your email.

Upvote 0
im not sure what time it is in belgium, but try downloading the game at an off-peak hour. Perhaps try during the middle of the day when everyone is working and all kids are at school, or in the middle of the night/early morning(12am-5am?) during the week when the working world and school children are asleep. This is how i get the best downloads on steam(and just about everything else for that matter)

this is just how the internet works:
a lot of people on at once = more load/traffic on the server = slower speeds = possibly not even able to connect

Last edited:
Upvote 0