• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Twisted Christmas -> Regular) Transition?

Doctor Swish

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 25, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Hey everyone, Twisted Christmas is ending soon, and it dawned on me all the ZED's will be returning to their usual forms.

I've never seen the game played like this, as I bought the game right before Christmas, so my question is;

Will I be disappointed in comparison to the Twisted Christmas ZED's? Will I always miss being chased by Angry Gingerbread Men and large zombie Santas?

Or will the default look be just as cool, but different?

Cheers
Newbie-Swish

Reactions: Vaecrius and FSUBoo
Hey everyone, Twisted Christmas is ending soon, and it dawned on me all the ZED's will be returning to their usual forms.

I've never seen the game played like this, as I bought the game right before Christmas, so my question is;

Will I be disappointed in comparison to the Twisted Christmas ZED's? Will I always miss being chased by Angry Gingerbread Men and large zombie Santas?

Or will the default look be just as cool, but different?

Cheers
Newbie-Swish

The old models were pretty cool, though I will admit it's comical seeing the Gingerfasts. If anything, watch youtube videos of the old specimens to get an idea and try and pick out which one is which. Also, I think that the lagging has increased since the new skins, so it may cut down on lag for some people to go back to the old specimens.

Upvote 0
Aw, man, I can barely imagine being introduced to this game based on the Christmas stuff... it certainly has its own character and "normal" might seem a bit... well, too normal in comparison. Hope you won't feel betrayed or anything. :p

(By the way, is the siren's new gravelly scream sound a permanent change or is it just for the Christmas event?)

Upvote 0
The old models were pretty cool, though I will admit it's comical seeing the Gingerfasts. If anything, watch youtube videos of the old specimens to get an idea and try and pick out which one is which. Also, I think that the lagging has increased since the new skins, so it may cut down on lag for some people to go back to the old specimens.

But for watching video try to find an HD video and keep in mind the models have upgraded over time and the video may be showing older lower quality models.

Upvote 0
Well.. It would indeed be way weird if we had Christmas-themed specimens during summer. So at that point you won't miss them.
The zeds were awesome before and are awesome now. Imo, it's great the themed specimens will only occur during Christmas, and the "old specimens" for the rest of the time.
I will indeed miss gingerfasts. Espescially their lines... So epic. The old gorefasts just sound like rapists :p

But nah, don't worry. You'll like the other zeds aswell. Naked mutants.. Mmmhm....

Upvote 0
Seconded. As high-quality and funny as they are, I am starting to miss the normal skins by now.

The Nutpound just isn't as terrifying as the Fleshpound is, even if it's name is. :p

Nice, you made me laugh out loud :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the replies, looks like The regular models won't be lacking in quality.

Happy New Year everyone!

Upvote 0
The old gorefasts just sound like rapists :p
I dunno, between the excited heavy breathing and the "Give us a kiss" and the condescending victim-blaming I'd say the stalkers are way ahead in that one. D:

(That said, it would be nice to get more gingerfast-esque lines for the regular zeds... besides the patty and the stalkers they seem much more pathetic and confused than sinister, like all the scrake really needs is a hot cocoa and a hug or something to get him to calm down and put away the chainsaw.)

Upvote 0
I dunno, between the excited heavy breathing and the "Give us a kiss" and the condescending victim-blaming I'd say the stalkers are way ahead in that one. D:

(That said, it would be nice to get more gingerfast-esque lines for the regular zeds... besides the patty and the stalkers they seem much more pathetic and confused than sinister, like all the scrake really needs is a hot cocoa and a hug or something to get him to calm down and put away the chainsaw.)

Don't forget to give him trousers

Upvote 0
I guess I will get killed less, when standing still before stalkers dead bodies.
I also get I will get killed less, when trying to get hurt by them.

I will certanly miss all those awesome models. But hey, I really enjoyed it and I felt something special playing kf like that. It's by far the best christmas update that I had from developers (and for free).

Upvote 0