• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dev: Tracer question (no about lasers)

Mormegil

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Nargothrond
This may belong in the mod forum, but it's sort of dead compared to here, and it does apply to both.

I've gathered that tracers don't ignite right out of the barrel. That they become visible tens of meters out.

I believe this is already modelled in 3.3. Am I correct?

The reason I ask is I remember previous releases really pointed "back" to the MG a lot more. And since either 3.2 or 3.3, the tracer upgrade (translucency, etc) made it harder to spot the MGer by following the tracers back.

I really noticed this when pathetically playing sniper on Red Square yesterday, and I couldn't find the origin of the MG fire. Tracers seemed to appear out of nowhere.

Out of curiosity, how far out do the tracers ignite?

Thanks

I would just like to know when this change was implemented. I remember playing alot during 3.2 and seeing tracers ignite right out of the barrel. I didnt play as much during 3.3 and havent played at all since then, so I don't think I have seen this change with the tracer ignition.

I think this is a good forum to ask this question in since I would now like to ask how far out the tracers are going to ignite in ROOST ~?

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
Depends on the tracer round used. There are actually several variations of tracers. One the ignites right away, one that ignites 100m out and another one I can't remember :) Look it up on the wikipedia, it is what I did :p

- This post could be wrong as I don't remember exactly.

In the game Yoshiro, not in real life :p

Upvote 0