• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about the weapons?

Z008MJ

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Hi, i am new here, but i intend to make my introduction in another thread. Here, i just wanted to ask some simple questions regarding different aspects of the weapons. I have looked through the factuthread and similar threads without getting all my answers.

1. Do weapons utilize bullet chambering?

2. Do weapons have a possibility to jam and require cleaning/fixing/other things to be able to work again?

3. Will there be any Shotguns, confirmed or believed to be in?

4. Are there different versions of weapons, like a PPSh-41 with a box magazine or an MP 40 with double mags?

5. Will Semi-Automatic weapons be able to be used scoped?

6. Will the PPS-42 feature?

7. Will the PTRS-41 be an Anti-Tank weapon?

8. The PPSh-41 had no specific fire-rate, it could vary, what do the developers go with here?

9. Bolt-Action Rifles can not be reloaded with a new stripper clip while the current is not empty, right?

Thanks in Advance!

Hi, i am new here, but i intend to make my introduction in another thread. Here, i just wanted to ask some simple questions regarding different aspects of the weapons. I have looked through the factuthread and similar threads without getting all my answers.

1. Do weapons utilize bullet chambering? Yes

2. Do weapons have a possibility to jam and require cleaning/fixing/other things to be able to work again? No

3. Will there be any Shotguns, confirmed or believed to be in? No

4. Are there different versions of weapons, like a PPSh-41 with a box magazine or an MP 40 with double mags? No

5. Will Semi-Automatic weapons be able to be used scoped? There are currently no confirmed scoped semi-auto rifles

6. Will the PPS-42 feature? Not confirmed, doubtful

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=654606&postcount=35

8. The PPSh-41 had no specific fire-rate, it could vary, what do the developers go with here? Unconfirmed, doubtful.

9. Bolt-Action Rifles can not be reloaded with a new stripper clip while the current is not empty, right? Of course.

Thanks in Advance!

Use the search chap, or check the facts thread - to avoid rage.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
1. If by this you mean +1 chambering (reloading a weapon that fires from a closed bolt, so you have a full magazine +1 in the chamber), then I'd assume yes. It was in Ostfront, so it should be in HoS as well.

2. Probably not.

3. Not that we know of. Were there any shotguns commonly used on the Eastern Front/in Stalingrad?

4. We don't know yet, but there are historically correct weapon upgrades confirmed, so this is possible.

5. Probably, there were scoped SVT40's in Ostfront.

6. We don't know.

7. Yes.

8. No idea.

9. Probably not.

And like they said, check the Facts Thread.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
I can't remember the last time a game did shoguns right... they always turn out to be the "poor man's" lead spammer, and end up feeling cheap and noobish. I'd be interested to see shotguns in RO2 if only to see how they'd make them work.

As for shotguns being found in Stalingrad, I honestly don't know.

Upvote 0
shotguns huh? i believe you're looking for call of duty clone #50.

How do you now i did not ask about if shotguns existed in a bad sense, you know: "There won't be any shotguns, will it, please say no?"

Get it?

Then he's in the right place.

ex:

Auto-bolting
Grinding for gear and status
Spotter planes revealing all to everyone

I despise all of those things. It almost sound as if you indirectly insult or assume things about me.

To me, Bolt-Action weapons are almost too modern ....

Edit: Oh, you talked about the game, sorry. But still, insulting the game is unneeded ....

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0

Yes.

2. Do weapons have a possibility to jam and require cleaning/fixing/other things to be able to work again?

No.

Neither side used shotguns in combat, they were only hunting weapons for non military use, they considered it "barbaric", I think only Americans used shotguns and usually only for gaurd duty.

4. Are there different versions of weapons, like a PPSh-41 with a box magazine or an MP 40 with double mags?

I hope so, as long as its realistic.

I hope so but generally semi auto's don't make good sniper weapons in the first place, they are just not as accurate as bolts at really long ranges.

If they're adding "hero" weapons like the MKB and AVT they might as well, plus plus it can be a model for the 43 when later add ons come out.

I hope so, its a bit overpowered to use against infantry.

8. The PPSh-41 had no specific fire-rate, it could vary, what do the developers go with here?

I never knew this, was it crazy, like ranging from really slow or really fast? Or was it minimal, if it was minimal then its not worth it, just like not everyone in real life would get the same ammo, but its still just a game and is already super realistic, they can't possibly take everything into account.

9. Bolt-Action Rifles can not be reloaded with a new stripper clip while the current is not empty, right?

I'm not sure.

Thanks in Advance!

Upvote 0
I just read through the entire fact thread and it gave very few answers to my questions ....

To Nicholas: Thank you! And about the PPSh-41, the firing mechanism could experience mechanical "lag", so the firerate ranged from 16 RPM to 21 RPM. It's up to you if that is minimal.

As for the PPSh-41, if the drop/increase in fire-rate is not solely random (meaning, for example, it could be influenced by the duration of a continuous burst of fire) then it'd be a sweet little detail to add, along with sound variations.

Upvote 0

Thanks in Advance!

1. What is bullet chambering?

2. no

3. no

4. weapons can be slightly modified, for instance a higher magnification scope, very little has been confirmed here

5. Dunno

6. unannounced?

7. more than likely static firerate

8. dunno

Upvote 0
I just read through the entire fact thread and it gave very few answers to my questions ....

To Nicholas: Thank you! And about the PPSh-41, the firing mechanism could experience mechanical "lag", so the firerate ranged from 16 RPM to 21 RPM. It's up to you if that is minimal.
Thats pretty damn slow. I can fire a bolt action rifle faster than that. Don't you mean ~900rpm? That would equate to about 15 rounds per second.

Upvote 0