• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why in the stats there is no deaths?

Kill/Death ratio is typically the death of teamwork in FPS's, so it's preferable to have that not be a stat.

Instead, a focus on the experience points you get from Team Score should be the primary stat you should care about.

It's hard enough to get people into capzones without them worrying about their damn K/D ratio, brah.

Upvote 0
Yes, please REMOVE k/d ratio in your profile score, just show kills and NEVER show deaths. Honestly I do care about what it looks like and sometimes I just sit back and camp rather than charge out, since, when none of my teammates care about the objective why should I, I'll just die and reduce my k/d. >> remove death count.

Upvote 0
4mAjc.jpg

"It don't mean nothing. It don't mean nothing."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well for one, RO2 does have K/D but it's displayed in your own personal stats page.

And for two, K/D is often necessary to see (combined with other info) just how effective you are as a player. Don't forget that a large part of RO is the respawn ticket system, and the more kills you get while staying alive is helping the team as much as capping points.

Of course, stark contrasts in either teamwork score or K/D will show you how ineffective a player is, too.

Upvote 0
And for two, K/D is often necessary to see (combined with other info) just how effective you are as a player. Don't forget that a large part of RO is the respawn ticket system, and the more kills you get while staying alive is helping the team as much as capping points.

Of course, stark contrasts in either teamwork score or K/D will show you how ineffective a player is, too.

And, the more deaths someone gets on your team would indicate that they are a liability/don't know how to play/not a team player.

I swear I've seen teammates on Soviet Apartments die 30-40 times like lemmings with no kills and no team points.

Which was when I said: "we should have deaths on scoreboard"
To which was replied: "lol this isn't cod noob"

I'm guessing it was either the 'feeder' or the 'feedee' who said that.

So has anyone actually seen stat padding or feeding yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And, the more deaths someone gets on your team would indicate that they are a liability/don't know how to play/not a team player.

I swear I've seen teammates on Soviet Apartments die 30-40 times like lemmings with no kills and no team points.

Which was when I said: "we should have deaths on scoreboard"
To which was replied: "lol this isn't cod noob"

I'm guessing it was either the 'feeder' or the 'feedee' who said that.

So has anyone actually seen stat padding or feeding yet?

I agree with you. There is nothing bad in it. Why compare with COD. Most people playing this don't like COD. But is a just an information. It does not kill the gameplay.

I think it should be implemented.

Reactions: Miro!
Upvote 0
K/D is in your stats. Reason why it isn't in game scoreboard is, because your deaths doesn't matter as much as helping your team. In games like Bad Company 2 everyone cared for their K/D ratio more than trying to win the game or playing as a team. You ended up sniping people instead of capturing points. That was wrong.

In this game more important is to defend/attack and you get more points for that. First thing I do is to get into the zone that needs to be defended and I try to do that without dying, because I am not good for my team dead. After that I defend and slowly press the enemy.

Upvote 0
I am sure experienced Ro1 players will agree with me when I disagree with OP!

The reason is simple, in the first red orchestra we didn't have kills at all! The focus was on teamwork, people didn't care for the kills (apart from the satisfaction) and the game played much more towards the objectives. When kills were introduced on the board this changed overtime (perhaps due to the players, but I think it is the incentive of being the "best" by score), teamwork started to die and people went for the kills.

Even at the end of ostfront, the tactics didn't fully come back and a lot of the community was out there for the kills. It is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ro2 with it's one or two players per team actually realising there ARE objectives but it was way worse than at first.

Upvote 0
I'd assume a good number of the high/max rank, high/max weapon level players have had at least some padding. Either that or they've taken advantage of a ranking bug.

So much for Tripwire wanting RO2's ranking to take months.

The stat system is bugged to hell and back at the moment, it does the stat padding for the players. I've been boosted up to lvl 80, given 20ish ranks on allmost every weapon and that's just by turning on the game.

And on the topic of k/d ratio: it's not needed in RO, it's not that kind of game. It's more team focused.

Last edited:
Upvote 0