• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

The customer 'always has a reason', dumb or not.
I feel your pain but thats the way it is, thank heavens for that.

For the last few months I've been dealing, face to face with real people.
Its draining me, bad...

5th of May will be a great day...Back to the drawing board.

I want to give you an example of the retardness -
During the "Icelandic Volcano" days as we call them, as you all propably remember was the day that killed all flights above Europe.. we have thousands of calls a day of people screaming at us why we "stopped all flights to europe on purpose" and comparsions between the company and Hitler.
While many people were honestly in a really poor and bad situation, we have 1 caller, a Gold member of our Frequent Traveller club who waited over 1 hour on the line. I recieved his call and it went something like this
Him - "Hello.. humm, I have a question"
Me - "Yes?"
Him - "I have a flight to Romania in 9 months and I was wondering.."
Me - "Wondering,,?"
Him - "I find the tap by the toilets quite disgusting and I wanted to know if I could get a seperate sink installed next to my seat, being a gold member of yours and all."
- Now, this might be a hoax ladies and gentlemen, but the guy waited over 1 hour on the line while he knew what was going on to ask this. He was dead serious.
-
Once in awhile I am required to give service to "regular" members -
For the question of "How do you spell your name in English?" the woman replied "My mother named me in Hebrew, not English."
-
A travel agent called me a racist, nazi and a terrorist because I told a customer of hers, who was an Arab guy named Jibril, that he cant bring his hunting rifle with him to his seat of the plane. They didnt even want to listen when I tried saying that even as a worker of the company I cant bring dangerous stuff onboard.
-
We started sending sms to people's mobiles advising them to do express check-in 24 hours before the flight on the internet.
A woman is now sueing us because she arrived to the airport 24 hours before the flight and we "screwed up" her vacation.
-
A buisness woman asked for my manager because I told her that she cant bring medicine for her baby onboard. Why did I tell her she cant? She said its 8 galoons of medicie. My replies fell on deaf ears as her claim that "My husband said it will be alright" seemed to convince her that we will allow it.

Upvote 0
A travel agent called me a racist, nazi and a terrorist because I told a customer of hers, who was an Arab guy named Jibril, that he cant bring his hunting rifle with him to his seat of the plane. They didnt even want to listen when I tried saying that even as a worker of the company I cant bring dangerous stuff onboard.

Rofl. Fight the power!

Upvote 0
I want to give you an example of the retardness -
During the "Icelandic Volcano" days as we call them, as you all propably remember was the day that killed all flights above Europe.. we have thousands of calls a day of people screaming at us why we "stopped all flights to europe on purpose" and comparsions between the company and Hitler.
While many people were honestly in a really poor and bad situation, we have 1 caller, a Gold member of our Frequent Traveller club who waited over 1 hour on the line. I recieved his call and it went something like this
Him - "Hello.. humm, I have a question"
Me - "Yes?"
Him - "I have a flight to Romania in 9 months and I was wondering.."
Me - "Wondering,,?"
Him - "I find the tap by the toilets quite disgusting and I wanted to know if I could get a seperate sink installed next to my seat, being a gold member of yours and all."
- Now, this might be a hoax ladies and gentlemen, but the guy waited over 1 hour on the line while he knew what was going on to ask this. He was dead serious.
-
Once in awhile I am required to give service to "regular" members -
For the question of "How do you spell your name in English?" the woman replied "My mother named me in Hebrew, not English."
-
-
We started sending sms to people's mobiles advising them to do express check-in 24 hours before the flight on the internet.
A woman is now sueing us because she arrived to the airport 24 hours before the flight and we "screwed up" her vacation.
-
A buisness woman asked for my manager because I told her that she cant bring medicine for her baby onboard. Why did I tell her she cant? She said its 8 galoons of medicie. My replies fell on deaf ears as her claim that "My husband said it will be alright" seemed to convince her that we will allow it.
I think a small part of me died inside.

You must be dead inside by now. You deserve a vacation... a very, very long one.

Upvote 0
A Platinum member of ours wanted to fly to Israel from Bangkok (its a direct flight) on Thursday evening (and thats the last flight before sunday).
He called us crying 50 minutes after the flight left.
"What happened?", I ask him.
"I pooped!!" he says
"You what?" I ask again, as if I didnt hear him clearly
"I poopeddd!!!" he shouts
"You... pooped?" I ask again
"Yes," he says "I went pooping, they called my name but I didnt want to stop pooping and the flight left without me."
Long story short, there were no more flight and the guy bought a new ticket with 3-4 connections to get to Israel as fast as possible. The new ticket cost him over 3500 dollars.
That is the most expansive pooping ive ever heard of.
-----------------
Some man calls who speaks as if he is really educated and polite
Him - "Good evening good sir, I was wondering if you would be as kind as to tell me how much does it cost to cancel this ticket ..... "
Me - "It will cost ......."
Him - "Alright, thank you for your kind help sir, I.."
suddendly a woman screams in the background
"YOU INSANE MUTHAF**KA YOU WILL NOT IMPRISON ME HERE!!! I WILLLLL KILL YOU FIIRRSSSTTT!!!"
Him - "Could you hold on the line please kind sir?"
Me - "..."
Him - "DONT INTERUPT ME WHEN I AM ON THE PHONE BIT**!!! DONT F*** EVER INTERRRRUPPTTTTT MEEEE!!!!!"
Her - "I HAATTEEE YOUUUU!"
Him - "Thank you so much for your help sir, I will call you back, have a fantastic evening!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A Platinum member of ours wanted to fly to Israel from Bangkok (its a direct flight) on Thursday evening (and thats the last flight before sunday).
He called us crying 50 minutes after the flight left.
"What happened?", I ask him.
"I pooped!!" he says
"You what?" I ask again, as if I didnt hear him clearly
"I poopeddd!!!" he shouts
"You... pooped?" I ask again
"Yes," he says "I went pooping, they called my name but I didnt want to stop pooping and the flight left without me."
Long story short, there were no more flight and the guy bought a new ticket with 3-4 connections to get to Israel as fast as possible. The new ticket cost him over 3500 dollars.
That is the most expansive pooping ive ever heard of.
Klaus' every day work stories. These sound hilarious.

Upvote 0
Not everybody needs attention as desperately as you do.
Says Sir Spam-A-Lot. For someone with almost twice as many (mostly redundant) posts with 4 months less you aren't exactly the person who should be trying to throw rocks at others. In other words, since moderators don't care about insults, at least not when directed towards me: STFU.

Upvote 0