• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

hello my name is Derb, i have never played any RO games i was a hardcore TFC\ counterstrike player for years. then my comp broke and i was forced to play on cheap consoles for a while ( meaning 5-6 years) due to lack of funds but now i have a brand new machine. So i started looking for those awesome games that made me love PC gaming so much only to find nothing but console ports for the most part. "Console port" was a new phrase to me, i had no idea what was going on in the PC world. Things like dedicated servers, free patches\updates (i believe they call it DLC now), and mod tools where becoming a thing of the past i was like WTF happened to my beloved pc gaming its been consolized! then through word of mouth i heard about this game. I have to say i am impressed and cant wait to play this. pre-ordered as soon as i could and even bought the original RO to get a taste of whats to come. i truly hope this game is a success for you guys. cant wait to meet ya on the battlefield!

Reactions: Capt.Cool
Upvote 0
Hi there, used to play RO1 a fair bit, I enjoyed it a lot and when I heard about this game a few days ago I was really excited.. Checked out all of the footage and media so far and I'm really looking forward to it.

Though at the start of the year I was asserting that I would only need to purchase Portal 2 and Dear Esther this year. Apparently I was wrong. :p

Upvote 0
Hello all.

I wont say much, just want to introduce myself, as i am new to this forum.
My name is Daniel, I'm 20 years old and i currently live in Norway.
Ive played Ostfront 41-45, and i was stoked to hear that a new game was under development.

I am a huge fan of most things that has to do with WW2, especially weapons and games. Thats the reason why i got myself a Kar98k.

I'm looking forward to playing this game for a very long time, hopefully with a superb community.

Send me a PM if theres anything you wish to ask me.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

My name is DeAdSeYe im an 23 year old boy, my real name is Pavel and live in The Netherlands.

Im playing FPS games since 1992 (Doom serie's) and in 2001 a new world opens for me with Operation Flashpoint, and since then im always playing games with realism like the old Rainbow Six serie's (even for OFP1), Delta Force, Ghost Recon 1.

I play also race and flight sims and like some RTS games like Company of Heroes or Total war series. Who doesn't know those games.....

But yeah the main reason why im here is because RO 1 and 2. Well to bad RO 2 is delayed, but we can all wait a little longer. Better an delayed game then a game full with bugs...

And i like Tripwire interactive alot, because they care about there customers even with new free updates. Alot of company's ask even money for an map, even with copy past maps from other games.

Thank god Tripwire Interactive doens't ask money for everything. And yes they earn it, but its good for people with not alot of money, they still can play with the community when they have not alot money. They don't have any worries for new DLC, or updates to pay for. Just like the old ways!

Greetz,
DeAdSeYe

I will see you guys on the Battlefield!

Upvote 0
hi guys, i bought RO1 when i left the hospital in 2006 and played it for a while. After i havent played it now for 3 years i am so excited for the second version. on the first day i hated the game because it is kinda difficult to play when u always played cod.

btw: i am a student from germany. i am semiprofessionell in video editing and i am hoping i can put together an awesome frag movie in the future.

cu on the battlefield! :)

Upvote 0
Hey Guys,
Just registered for the forums and wanted to stop by, say Hi to all, and post a little about myself.

I am a long time gamer, and live in Florida, USA.
I usually play under the gamer name of Lethal, but since that name is often in use, I am forced to use variations.
In my earlier gaming days I also played as "Deranged"!

I won't divulge my age, but my first gaming console was called "Breakaway", made by Atari and sold by Sears.
I have owned many consoles over the years, with one of my favorites being Turbografx 16 and also the Turbo Duo.

The original Playstation was fun to play "Doom" with 2 consoles linked, and was one of my first co-op experiences.
We had to share health, ammo, etc., and if you were killed, you started all the way back at the beginning of the level.
Many hours of fun times with my son-in-law!!

I got in to PC gaming in 1997 and got hooked on Quake.
Won many games with only dial-up .. (once I ditched my game pad and learned the keyboard and mouse)
John Carmack did a great job with not only the programming, but also with the netcode so most gamers could play on high speed of dial-up.
Quake 3 with the excessive mod was a blast, but did run my ping up pretty high with a dial-up connection and fast weapon fire.

I have been watching RO2 with great interest, and hope it lives up to it's hype.

The last several games that were supposed to be on the realistic side, failed miserably. (IMO)

RB6:Vegas 2, became more run and gun, but worse yet, the Ai sucks, and the netcode is amoung the worse I have seen.
T-Hunt is a disaster unless you are the host, and there is no SADS included to help with that problem.
Ubisoft completely abandoned the game after a few short months.
I spent many hours in the Vegas forums over the past 3 years or so, helping players since there was absolutely no support.
(Even tough I quit playing the game over 2 years ago because of all the issues)

I had high hopes for OFP:Red River, but Codemasters scaled that game back and the forums are full of disappointed gamers.
(I still haven't purchased that game - maybe when it drops to $10)
Single player and co-op only, with only 4 co-op modes with 2 maps each, and a price of $49.99 US.
I have followed the RR forums and it appears Codemasters has already dropped support almost on release in the US market.

It appears RO2 might be my last hope for some time, so please Tripwire .. make sure this game is fixed and finished when released .. and also "Please" stick around and offer support after the sale.

A beta or demo would really be nice so I can at least see what the game is about.

I am part of a fairly large gaming group .. relatives and friends, and we are all looking for a fun game that works as it should.
A demo would allow me to influence everyone to buy this game, but I can't recommend any game that I haven't played and truly like.

Heres hoping that this is the game we have been looking for!!!

I am looking forward to a nice experience with everyone here in the forums.

Happy gaming to all !!!

Upvote 0
Seeing as i'm getting RO2 both for the game itself and the skins, i thought i'd introduce myself and get to know this part of the forums :)

G'day, i'm CandleJack, steam name [}{]DrCandleJackMD, but you can call me CJ.

I have about 960 hours on Killing Floor, so i'm a team player.
I have a few hours in STALKER: Shadow Of Chernobyl, so i don't run around like a retar- ahem, CoD player. :D

I'm going to definitely play this a hell of a lot, and i hope to see any Aussies that frequent here as well.

I'm a nice bloke and even though i haven't played RO:O, i'm willing to learn, if you're willing to teach me :)

Upvote 0
Hello!

Hello!

Hey there guys, Dusty here!

Firstly, Id like to say I cant wait for RO2. I played RO:OST back in beta, I think I was around 10 years old then? Needless to say, I had a LOT of fun even though I didnt know what I was doing haha. So now in my late teens, I play games like ArmA amd OFP, so Im a big fan of realism games. Am also applying to the Canadian Army Reserve (yay Canada!) as an Armoured Recce Trooper, as I'm quite interested in armour :D

I see that there is a great community here, lots of mutual respect. Ill see you all hopefully in the beta (DDE ftw) and hope to have some great games!

Upvote 0
Hi

Im a 40 year old scottish gamer.ive been playing games since i got astrowars a hand held galaxians game for xmas many moons ago :) then it was the zx spectrum ,amiga, playstation and so on.Ive played many games for many hours and have been working in the games industry for 15 years or so .Out of all the games ive ever played none have came close to the way the RO mod got me.It inspired me to open up the unreal editor and make my first map baskan valley.It was an honour for me to have the map in the mod and retail.I havent looked forward to a game as much as i look forward to ro2 .This is going to be a blast , see you all in stalingrad. :)

Upvote 0
Hello there, name's Cristiano, i' m 21 ( damn I still think i' m 19 :( ) and i live in Italy.

I long played RO1 with a group of friends and played it seriously under MVSN clan. I had a lot of fun during that period and i was picked even for the worldcup in the Italian Team ( I was the main team sniper ). I was a closed tester for Mare Nostrum mod along with my clanmates and MN Devs ( most of them were british and australians and they were really funny and nice guys ). Sooner after the mod was released, my pc exploded and i never had the chance to play it propely... what a sadness.

I also remember a kind of tournament where clans used to pick a side and conquer real territories on relatives maps in a kina of realistic way, hell of a fun too.

I' m looking for RO2 since was just a rumour during RO1's Golden Age; I always shout in my TS " YOU KNOW, TRIPWARE WON RIGHTS TO USE UT3, THEY RE GONNA MAKE RO2 FOR SURE, I SWEAR "

Upvote 0