• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Wild Bunch & Tripwire Interactive's 50 player test server

Are the servers down today? :( They seem to be dead since about 9:00am today, no ping, no player infos and no map info. :(

We discovered the servers to be down aound 7am.
Our first concern was that it was the server not being able to handle running two 50 player servers, but up until now the server has shown no sign of stress whatsoever in handling 100 players online along with loads more trying to connect.

We have now found out that yet again a goscomb cable at the data house had gone down. The downtown was once again beyond our control, but at the same time a relief to know it was nothing to do with our server.

The cable has now been repaired & the servers are now up & running again. We apologise for the downtown & any inconvenience this may have caused.
Because of the repeated problems with this transit carrier as of the 14th May our IP.s for the server will be changed.

We will update as soon as we know ourselves what they will be.

Upvote 0
I have never even heard of this bug before, and I play tanks a LOT. If you know of a good reproduction we'll definitely look into it. No tank code has been changed in about 5 months, so I'm not sure how this could be a recent bug. Are you sure it doesn't happen while running a mutator?

Dead Turret Bug
Mutators do not cause this... it happens in a number of maps and first appeared (for me) after the last update.

Upvote 0
Tried to get in yesterday, but the download redirect seems to be b0rked :(

First my comp downloaded a file (WSSsomething44Tex - I guess it's a uniform texture file) from the redirect server. Then it started downloading the same file at an excruciatingly slow rate from the game server instead. So it seems there's a mismatch between the version on the redirect server and the game server.

Upvote 0
well I have to say that TWB servers brought me back the fun of public playing. The feeling of being in real combat is much much better now... near-by fights can be hardly replaced with any ambient war sounds... Another thing - there are always 1 or 2 players in team that use mic.
Btw some maps from Mapping Contest are like done for 50 players... Lazur, Zhitomir... realy good

Upvote 0
It would be nice if both 50 players server ran different maps. Just now, both servers were stuck on the same map (one that I don't like) for over an hour. Kinda ruined my daily RO session.

It seems like you have to be very patient and lucky to play on your favorite maps.

Maybe all the combined arms map could be one on server, and the infantry maps on the other? Then if you are really into Berezina or Odessa, you increase your chance of playing on it by picking the right server.

Upvote 0