• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Increased amount of glitchers since patch.

Basilisx

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Hey guys and girls,
With the introduction of the new patch the achivement grinding came back to life. It doesn't bother me that much, because there are people like me who play for fun and there are people who play for achivements and I'm perfectly fine with it.
My fav. server is currently down for unknown time and so I look around to play some HoE on other servers. The impression I got while doing so is more than disturbing for me. On every second server I joined were one or more glitchers. People who camp in unreachable places in Santas Evil Lair or Hospital Horrors, people who abuse spots where zeds block each other and bug out like in BioHazard and people using the HS bug for rapid fire madness.

It's really sad that such retards take all the fun out of the game and for what ? For a 90x90 pixels picture with some description, proving nothing more than their inability to play the game properly.

What are your thoughts about this issue ? Did you also notice an increased number of glitchers ?

I haven't played many public games since the latest patch, so I can't comment on that. Although, I must say that there really needs to be a better way to report exploits (and players that use them). Some kind of mutator that takes a snapshot of the current game and sends it to a server somewhere would probably be useful for the task.

Lately I've been playing for achievements, which I'm finding fun because it can be a real challenge sometimes, but I really can't see the point in using glitches to get them. If you are going to do that you might as well just download an achievement unlocker.

Upvote 0
I've noticed an increased amount of spectators on Suicidal and HoE servers.

glad to see others are noticing it too.....it's like the issue is brought up in the forums, people see it and realize it's a potentially easy way to get map achievements and go figure, spectators galore. but of course, this isn't a major issue that TW should be concerned about :rolleyes:

glitchers, exploiters etc.... one day they will all be held accountable for their actions by the glorious :IS2: i pity their fate :D

Upvote 0
I played with some glitchers who said they weren't glitching on a more difficult map I won't name. We made it the Patty because they (not I) glitched. Myself and 1 of the 4 glitchers survived the Patty. But then again I guess it depends on what you call glitching.

Using the hunting shotgun as an AA12, for example. I got a friend that does this at times, and it is pretty irritating.

Upvote 0
I don't think we were ever cool. There just used to be less retards back in the days when not every kid had a computer and men were men, women were men and children were FBI agents.

When the retards of society would be slowly weeded out by online predators and we'd all be a little better of for it...

Seriously it is kinda odd how gamers are no longer outcasted for playing games but are outcasted for playing seriously on anything other than Call of Duty.

Its kinda wierd.

Upvote 0
Apparently the amount of glitchers increases with game difficulty.
Few weeks ago I played Suicidal/HoE for the very first time.
After playing for less than 30 minutes on different Servers I had to write 2 glitch reports including glitches on different maps.
You understand now why I'm suspicious of all those who have nothing better to do than post their achievements in this forum ?

Upvote 0
Glitchers = lame.

I don't really see why peeps glitch just to get achievments or perks for that matter. To me, its "the journey" that really counts, doing the whole thing legit, is much more challenging and rewarding.

Furthermore, HoE and Suicidal, is not at all 'THAT' difficult, it is a challenging mode, but with a solid team, its pretty much gg. For those that glitch, i suggest joining a clan or group which focuses on higher difficulties, or gather a group of friends and tackle it together.

Well, i don't really run into glitchers, probably on occasion ,like once a week or every other week? this is probably cuz from where i live, there's only a handful, if lucky a dozen HoE/ Suicidal servers ( before the xmas patch there were crap loads of suicidal servers, they've all disappeared for some reason), and most of the peeps i've played with on these pub servers were legit.

I'm probably playing with the minority, but it still doesn't change the fact that glitchers are lame, and there SHOULD be some sort of system that penalizes them. For instance, if glitchers are caught, either a perma-ban on servers, or probably a way to reset their perks or achievments.

Upvote 0
Is it an increase of Spectators on servers, or simply that people are noticing them now? Furthermore, you cannot be certain that they are there for free achievements unless you go through their profile (if you are able to) and note down what they do and don't have.
Most servers do not have Spectator slots, so I personally don't find it that much of an issue. Glitchers on the other hand...
Some maps I've learnt to hate because of such players.

Upvote 0