• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Single/co-op campaign.

I Want co-op campaing for the both sides.

Like we have seen in World At War.

And i really hope that happens.
AFAIK CoD WAW (World at War) only has Co-Op from the Allied POV.
And the Fact thread has this to say about Co-Op
Co-op: Players can connect with their friends and battle AI in multiple game types including the Stalingrad Campaign, Skirmish Mode, and more.

So it should be from both sides:)

Upvote 0
Stalingrad Campaign.

This is a single player or are a list of MP maps with bots ?
I fear SP campaign will be just MP maps with bots, yet I still hope they actually try to make a solid cinematic campaign with cutscenes and stuff, because they really have the potential, although what I really care about is the multiplayer part. But seeing the movie Stalingrad turning into a game would be like a dream coming true to me since it's my favourite film in all genres, and a game is so much better to tell a story because it doesn't have a lenght restriction like movies, so you have as many hours you want to tell your story.

Reactions: Alexander Ostmann
Upvote 0
This is what tripwire said about the campaign: "The Stalingrad campaign will feature the multiplayer maps used in a campaign layout recreating the battle for Stalingrad from both the German and Russian sides. This will be enhanced with story elements through the form of mission introductions and in-game cinematic sequences that begin and end the campaign". But i wonder how elaborate the campaign will be story wise.

Reactions: Switchblade
Upvote 0
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a non cinematic campaign at all -- I'm really tired of all this crap CoD has created.

If they took versions of the MP maps and added objectives for SP and let you command a squad that would be WAY better than a crappy super linear CoD-like campaign. Then if each mission was tied together with some sort of narration and cut scenes that would be totally ace. :D

Reactions: LemoN and Apos
Upvote 0
Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing a non cinematic campaign at all -- I'm really tired of all this crap CoD has created.

the only single player game that ever had cinematics I could say I loved was medal of honor pacific assault.

thats the type of cinematic I would like in this, I don't see it happening.
yeah it had a few "im a mega tank" moments but you really felt like you knew the characters.

Upvote 0

If they took versions of the MP maps and added objectives for SP and let you command a squad that would be WAY better than a crappy super linear CoD-like campaign. Then if each mission was tied together with some sort of narration and cut scenes that would be totally ace. :D

Totally agree. I'm not a fan of sp campaigns anymore, they're way too linear and scripted anyway. But as you say, a MP map with objectives and the freedom to go about it anyway you see fit would be great.
Cut scenes and such take way too much dev time away from more important gameplay elements. More time on A.I or level art and less time on making sure the generals hand doesn't pass through the peak of his hat when saluting in a cutscene is way more productive IMO.

Upvote 0
you just contradicted yourself.
No, I didn't. To transition between each map with cut scenes is not the same thing as making the entire playing experience one giant cut scene, ala CoD or Medal of Honor.

The playing experience itself would be much more open ended it if it took place on a maps based on larger MP map environments, especially if you were given command of a squad and were allowed to approach objectives from many different angles.

It also sounds like the order of each map will work like the MP campaign, where you can choose, Risk style, where to attack next based on the outcome of a previous battle. I think tying each map together or prefacing each map with a cutscene would give alot more substance to an otherwise very "MP"-feeling experience. I remember how empty BF1942's SP option was -- just a string of MP maps in chronological order which lacked character or a sense of completeness. There was no point in playing offline other than for mindless practice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it shoudn't have cinematics that are like COD. I think it should be like say while your getting to the top of the building you hear two people talking. no control is taken away from the player as you hear them. you can stand there and listen or go on ahead wihtout listening. That way it not only adds to the immersion ,but people that dont really care for the story dont have to hear it. and people who do want to hear the story can.

I know another game( or several other games?) did this but I cant think of the name

Upvote 0
I think it will be similar to the Territory game mode, as in you're a random soldier and have to capture and / or destroy objectives with your team. There will also be in-game cinematic sequences (think PAX trailer) that string the levels together. Of course it won't be a linear roller coaster ride like CoD, but more like you get info about the battle and then you 'relive' it as one of the soldiers. That's not to say it won't have 'CoD-like' moments. For example, in one of the missions your platoon leader might order you to give cover fire with the machine gun or whatever.

Who knows, hardly anything is know about the SP... :IS2:

Upvote 0