• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Haters going to hate

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauris

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
I've seen lots of moaning threads in the last few days.

The things people seem to be moaning about are poor performance and the fact the game isn't like COD.

We got real things to be concerned about folks, like cheaters (mainly the COD crowd who can't play games like RO2 without aides.), minimal hit detection problems and perhaps a few minor map balance issues.

But the fact is most people seem to just be moaning about their old computer not being able to play the game in ultra settings at 1920 x1200.
It's a beta folks, performance debugging is in action and the real game will be better optimised.
Think about it like this, ULTRA is called ULTRA for a reason, A GOOD REASON.
Imagine a short fat guy trying to hit on Megan Fox, it's just not going to happen.
You should know your limits, and know your computers limits before you attempt to play a brand new game in the highest settings.

Think about how ambitious RO2 is for a small company like TWI, it's a HUGE achievement, without a doubt a serious competitor with ANY other FPS and the best WW2 game released on any platform to date.

If you can't handle the very different style of gameplay to the fish bowl sized maps of COD then the game isn't for you.
Modern warfare 3 is released pretty soon, so perhaps you better suck on your pacifier and wait for that - until then leave the real games like RO2 for the big boys.

It's just that people find themself these days very important (ego), they think they have a right, to complain and complain, and saying stuff like; if it will not be fixed I will ask for a refund!!!! If anyone cares if he would.

That last thread that was just closed was hilarious, saying he would say to his whole clan/squad from 500 members that they shouldn't buy this game because nobody was listening to him basicly, after his 2 threads where closed.

Reactions: Nachoguy5
Upvote 0

The things people seem to be moaning about are poor performance and the fact the game isn't like COD.

We got real things to be concerned about folks, like cheaters (mainly the COD crowd who can't play games like RO2 without aides.), minimal hit detection problems and perhaps a few minor map balance issues.

But the fact is most people seem to just be moaning about their old computer not being able to play the game in ultra settings at 1920 x1200.
It's a beta folks, performance debugging is in action and the real game will be better optimised.
Imagine a short fat guy trying to hit on Megan Fox, it's just not going to happen.
You should know your limits, and know your computers limits before you attempt to play a brand new game in the highest settings.

Think about how ambitious RO2 is for a small company like TWI, it's a HUGE achievement, without a doubt a serious competitor with ANY other FPS and the best WW2 game released on any platform to date.

If you can't handle the very different style of gameplay to the fish bowl sized maps of COD then the game isn't for you.
Modern warfare 3 is released pretty soon, so perhaps you better suck on your pacifier and wait for that - until then leave the real games like RO2 for the big boys.

Oh please! Like any other gaming community is any different. You get your gaming moaners where ever you go. I've played both, and good at each.

I got a top rig and it does not like the ultra settings or high, it just crashes out. So I don't think it has anything to do with old rigs... I have submitted my crash logs to the Devs.

And for the record I think some people in RO think they are soldiers, nothing worse than pseudo-soldiers who want realism completely and utterly. If you would like that, join the army and head off to Afghanistan... My opinion is just embrace and enjoy what they have done so far, which I do. It is by no means CoD but as far as I can see it is a bit more fast paced to what the RO1 vets are use to.

I enjoy RO2 as it is and dont think it should be ultra realistic or it loses its fun. If your seeking the glories of war & all its realism, join up and see what it is really like.

Upvote 0
It still amazes me that so many people are whining about poor performance when it has already been stated by the devs that it is a high-priority to get sorted. Hell, they're even offering for people to bring their rigs to the TWI offices! It's a big problem but it's being worked on, people *****ing about it won't get it fixed quicker.

Reactions: MrLebanon
Upvote 0

Wait i gotta call on this one.
There are a lot of "this isn't RO1" posts out there. At least as many as the not like ____ game posts i see.

The RO1 old timers that can't roll with the changes are all on about the "dumbing down" factors. The, we don't need no stinking unlock system, we need long lasting damage, and so on.
So don't drop on the one group of fools while letting the other group trot by unnoticed by you, for what amount to the same kind of complaints.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The guy with EXTREMELY high hardware knowledge posted about people MOANING that they cant get their game on iven with everything set to the lowest.

I had everything set to lowest where game looked worse than vCOD,yes thats the first COD and frames were same and were going down as it was all on high or ultra.

so please dont post about people moaning/sharing their complaints and hoping that things will be better at release!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just in case you guys haven't heard, we've been looking into the performance issues and we've identified the worst of the problems. We're not guaranteeing that everything will be perfectly optimized on launch, but we are saying that it will be better(at least on some maps).

thats nice to hear men,I read your post where OP was saying that people with excellent rigs are actually mediocres rigs...

I'm looking forward to the release day to enjoy the game in better fashion,and looking forward to the day when our faihfull Nvidia or ATI GPU suppliers will finally warm up their chairs,do some work and release proper drivers for RO2.

@OP
What are you'r specs buddy boy?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP is the same guy who says this is mediocre PC:

Intel I5-2600K @ 4.0Ghz -> stumps over Intel 6 core 990x.....
Nvidia GTX570 OC
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Nuff said......

Welcome to pc gaming? back in the old days games would come out and you couldn't run them on ultra or high on current pc's at the time. I remember doing this with the quake series and even doom3 really, so it really bothers me when i see people whining that the top of the line pc they have won't run ultra....boo hoo? :confused:

i play on medium btw and am upgrading my pc to get to high settings no plans on ultra anytime soon :p

Upvote 0
thats nice to hear men,I read your post where OP was saying that people with excellent rigs are actually mediocres rigs...

I'm looking forward to the release day to enjoy the game in better fashion,and looking forward to the day when our faihfull Nvidia or ATI GPU suppliers will finally warm up their chairs,do some work and release proper drivers for RO2.

@OP
What are you'r specs buddy boy?

Intel Core i7 990X
Dual ATI 6970
12 GB corsair ram @2000 mhz
2x 512 SSD's in raid 0 configuration.

Also got a bunch of 24" monitors.

Thinking of selling it though and going with something more middle of the road just to save power, thing is a juice gobbler.

Upvote 0
Just so you know, I'd take his "mediocre" i5 2600k over your i7 990x ANYDAY..

The rest of your hardware is for the most part simply just overkill and putting down his "mediocre" rig was just blasphemy because you damn well know it would sucker punch in the balls any game on the market today (except RO2 for some reason..)

Edit: on second thought, no I wouldnt. I'd take your 990x resell it, then buy i5 2600k's for myself AND my friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.