• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can they talk?

Synx95

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 14, 2010
Guys, Im wondering. Can the specimens really talk? I watched this videon on youtube about the voicees of the specimens for example, a FP saying 'Flesh Pound' or 'I can fix you', even a stalker saying 'Come on, give us a kiss'.. But I never hear them say any of these phrases in game :s Why is that?

Anyway do add me on steam.. Synx95 :rolleyes:

Well my question is, why I rarely hear them talk? Its very rare for me to hear them talk :S

You hear them talk all the time, its just very hard to make any sense to it because it sounds more like just "crowling" in some cases, and theres so many other noices playing at the same time. Fleshpound is particularry hard to make sense of, due his mechanical voice. Stalker instead, is one of the easiest to hear along with Bloat imo.

If you really want to hear what they are saying, Id suggest going to the SDK and finding the sound files. Its much easier to make sense to it when theres no background noises and you can replay it over and over.

Btw was this the video: YouTube - Killing Floor Specimen Voices

Thats all correct I think.

Upvote 0
Well my question is, why I rarely hear them talk? Its very rare for me to hear them talk :S

I found the same thing. The problem is alot of the specimens have very hard to hear voices. Onces like the Siren and Stalker are quite easy to hear, cause they speak rather coherantly. However Bloats, Scrakes, Fleshpounds and Husks speak in very gruff harsh voices, so it usually soundslike they are growling rather than speaking.

After listening to HateMe's video you may find that cause you know what they are saying you will hear them more.

Like for me, I was on Foundry and didn't even know the Fleshpound could talk. After watching that video I stood on the balcony near the edge and was watching my team slaughter a bunch of specs ahead.

Then I looked down at the floor below as a Fleshpound spawned and looked right at me. I'll never forget hearing its in game voice for the first time say "TENDERIZE!" and start lumbering towards the stairs up to my spot... I swear I was genuinely freaking scared as hell after hearing that ;P

Upvote 0
I swear I was genuinely freaking scared as hell after hearing that

Oh I had a scary moment like that as well. The first time I head a ZED speak was when a bloat farted and said "What's that smell? >;0 "

Also, one person uploaded a vid to youtube for the ZED voices. When the Fleshpound says "FEAR ME" the caption said: "BEEP BEEP!!!"

I never took the fleshpound seriously ever again.

EDIT:

The stalker voice is just soooooo awesome.

Upvote 0
You hear them talk all the time, its just very hard to make any sense to it because it sounds more like just "crowling" in some cases, and theres so many other noices playing at the same time. Fleshpound is particularry hard to make sense of, due his mechanical voice. Stalker instead, is one of the easiest to hear along with Bloat imo.

If you really want to hear what they are saying, Id suggest going to the SDK and finding the sound files. Its much easier to make sense to it when theres no background noises and you can replay it over and over.

Btw was this the video: YouTube - Killing Floor Specimen Voices

Thats all correct I think.

LOL I LIKE TROUSERS!

The siren is a pretty scary ZED out there, considering she has no eyes D:
most of her speach just sounds like screams.

Upvote 0
Clot in KF 2.5:"For the love of our creator cuts thru the vain of flesh and mind."
Clot in KF 2.0:"Help us..."
Scrake in KF 2.5/2.0:"Vroom vroom, goes the saw." "I'll hack your legs off to stop you from running" "You can run if you want, but eventually, I WILL catch you."

Crawler in KF retail:"We love our father"

=o =o

Last edited:
Reactions: Rudo
Upvote 0