• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More players than l4d :O

yes there was griefing before valve, i was just never aware it had a name before they coined it. every fps has team killers, and etc, it seems like it has been becoming more and more popular the more they're complained about

and no, i don't really blame valve, i just can't play l4d anymore without someone killing us all on expert difficulty and jumping out of a window

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or is there some sort of pissing contest between the 2 communities that I'm not aware off?

Because L4D came 'first' (I know KF existed as a mod before, but that doesn't matter jack**** to them). There is actually a forum thread dedicated for bashing KF @ L4D steam section. I lol'd my *** off while reading that.

Basically you could also say it's bit of a 'fanboy' issue comparable to console-war crusades about how good you are if you own x360 instead of PS3 and bla bla bla. Being realistic with things and probably enjoying (to some degree) two games that are slightly similiar while still being worlds apart these days is impossible task to comprehend if we're to listen general rants about this and that.

Upvote 0
Valve is a major studio that cranked out l4d. KF was a mod that's why I respect this game more than that turd. Let's not mention this game doesn't have dumb *** Smokers and Witches or Tanks.

i always felt that the boomer and hunter and the screamer (never appeared in the final game) were not quite such original ideas if you know what i mean.

again to be clear, i own and enjoy playing l4d

Upvote 0
Valve is a major studio that cranked out l4d. KF was a mod that's why I respect this game more than that turd. Let's not mention this game doesn't have dumb *** Smokers and Witches or Tanks.

Actually L4D was made by turtle rock studios, which Valve bought. Valve didn't have anything to do with L4D1, they only funded the original studio's employees.

Upvote 0
Apparently someone isn't aware that Counter Strike AND Team Fortress began as mods in his praising of Killing Floor...

Or he just chose to conveniently not mention it.

Just to clarify, I have a lot of respect for Valve. I love Portal and the Half-Life series (CSS is great aside from most of the userbase, never played TF2) but I'm disappointed in the direction they're taking with L4D and L4D2. By no means do I think L4D is a terrible game, I just think it's merely "okay".

Upvote 0
Atm, 21,968 is KF's peak and current number.
L4D's is 17,488. Awesome :)

Edit: On a side note, Red Orchestra is also above such big games as CoD4 and GTA4

Red Orchestra is at an all times low though, There used to be always about 2000. But lately it has been dying plus about half play Darkest Hour a red orchestra mod.

Killingfloor now hit 22,500

Upvote 0
EPIC KF FANBOY POST TIME

The Wanderer;502566Or said:
is there some sort of pissing contest between the 2 communities that I'm not aware off?

yes but it's mostly just L4D players saying that KF sucks. I have yet to see someone go onto a L4D forum and bash it and say that KF is better. They all come here and troll us. It's a one sided pissing contest.

There is actually a forum thread dedicated for bashing KF @ L4D steam section.

This proves my point. There is no official L4D bashing thread anywhere on this forum.

Last I checked I know several guys at Valve who love KF, and many Tripwire staff who love L4d :)

See? The developers aren't at war with each other? Why should the fans be? THEY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES

KF has problems with 'replay' too in the fact that the specimens spawn in pretty much the same waves every time which does feel a bit predictable.

You could say the same thing about L4D. It doesn't matter where the zombies come from, what matters is when you're actually firing bullets at em and KF manages to keep that very hectic and unpredictable (assuming you're playing a good map without straight hallways).

L4D is pretty much just running around to the next safehouse while shooting lots and lots of the same kind of zombie with the occasional boss and whacking zombies back a LOT.

L4D is EXTREMELY predictable when it comes to actual zombie combat. It doesn't even really matter what gun you pick up whereas it matters a lot in KF.

Saying that we aren't playing L4D correctly? THERE'S ONE WAY TO PLAY IT! Are you saying you've found some sort of special way to play it that will make it fun and replayable? If so PLEASE enlighten us O wise and mighty L4D player.

The fact is is that many L4D players haven't realized how much they were being swindled into thinking L4D is the ultimate zombie shooter because they were too ignorrant to try the alternatives. This is clearly changing. The steady rise in numbers of KF players proves that.

So yes I agree that there is not much replay value in L4D because there is barely any custom content and there are not DLC packs or ANYTHING to keep it new and fresh. KF has TONS of custom maps, 2 packs of new chars now and 9 new weapons since release and better gameplay overall.

How the hell could a L4D play KF and not realize this unless they were the stupidest gamer on earth?

What the hell is so good about Counter Strike anyways I never thought it was that great unless you were some twitching 15 year old screaming over a mic on the computer.

It isn't good. At all. In fact the only people who thinks it good are the 15 year old squealers screaming in their mics. And there's a lot of those so it gives the illusion that the game is good when in fact it is a piss poor attempt at competitive entertainment.

Perhaps I should make an official KF bashing thread on THIS forum so evilsod can rant where noone can hear him.

The truth is i'm probably going to buy L4D2 because a good game is a good game and even I will get bored of KF eventually and i'll need something to play until i'm not bored of it anymore.

Killingfloor now hit 22,500

Sadly it probly won't go any higher because there are simply not enough servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What the hell is so good about Counter Strike anyways I never thought it was that great unless you were some twitching 15 year old screaming over a mic on the computer.
It isn't good. At all. In fact the only people who thinks it good are the 15 year old squealers screaming in their mics. And there's a lot of those so it gives the illusion that the game is good when in fact it is a piss poor attempt at competitive entertainment.

-----------------------------------------

It used to be good. Remember people, Counter-Strike came out NINE YEARS ago. Think of how much evolution we've seen in the team shooter space since then. Those screaming 15 year olds today were just getting out of their diapers when CS originally came out. Perspective. Time. A place in history. Hugely influential on the genre. Old and crusty now, but respect.

Upvote 0
Actually L4D was made by turtle rock studios, which Valve bought. Valve didn't have anything to do with L4D1, they only funded the original studio's employees.

Not entirely true. I mean, yeah it was started by Turtle Rock and all, but once Valve got involved they threw more people onto the project - and now, Turtle Rock is just another part of Valve.

Anyway, I really enjoy L4D, I think it's a great game. The co-op and survival modes do get a bit boring after finishing them on expert and getting all of the gold medals... But I still find Versus to be endless fun, it's well balanced and requires some good strategy. When on a good team against another good team, I find it to be one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played.

Killing Floor is great too, I've played since the mod. It's easier to jump into a server mid-game than it is in Left 4 Dead. Its co-op alone is enough to keep it going, and it's getting a lot of new content so far.

KF's numbers are impressive, but they'll drop a bit after the free weekend, no doubt. Hopefully enough people purchase it though.

Upvote 0
Not entirely true. I mean, yeah it was started by Turtle Rock and all, but once Valve got involved they threw more people onto the project - and now, Turtle Rock is just another part of Valve.

Gabe Newell himself said that Valve employees had no hand in the creation of L4D1, hence why all Valve employees were so eager to create L4D2 as they had a wall of ideas they wanted to put into the game.

Upvote 0
Gabe Newell himself said that Valve employees had no hand in the creation of L4D1, hence why all Valve employees were so eager to create L4D2 as they had a wall of ideas they wanted to put into the game.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=1823

I mean, of course it was mostly the original team from Turtle Rock, but others parts of Valve were involved at least a little bit before its release and then afterward on the updates.

Upvote 0