• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cancelable reload animation on M-something (rapid fire) nade launcher.

HeatSurge

Grizzled Veteran
May 20, 2009
There needs to be a way to cancel the rapid-fire, 6-shot drum nade launcher animation in the middle of reloading. It doesn't make sense that you have to insert ALL 6 shells for you to use it again.

Currently, the only way I've found to "cancel" the reload is to switch to another gun/tool. It works, but it's not very "elegant."

Perhaps you should be able to press on the fire button which should shoot a shell immediately (similar to the way the pump-action shotgun works) or cancel the animation?

Sorry if this has been suggested already... merge if it has please.

It won't happen, it doesn't make sense that you'd be able to somehow fire the grenade while you've got the back open and your slotting them in. Just like how it doesn't make sense in L4D when your sticking shells into your Shotgun and you can suddenly pull the trigger to shoot.

Besides, don't most, if not all Demoman carry both Launchers. If for some reason there is still a huge horde left after you used all 6 grenades switch to that 1, if theres only a few things attacking why are you even trying to grenade it over using your pistol?

Upvote 0
Just like how it doesn't make sense in L4D when your sticking shells into your Shotgun and you can suddenly pull the trigger to shoot.
Funny how you call out L4D on something that this very game does exactly the same way. Both are reloaded at awkward angles, but if you fire in the middle of reloading, you instantly snap to aiming and fire.

Anyways, the M-32 MGL should certainly have interruptable reloads, but there should be a delay where they have to close the cylinder and all that before they can fire.

I'm not sure what exactly is the case, because I've only had enough money to buy the beast a couple times.

Upvote 0
Also I can fire the nadelauncher just fine in the middle of reloading without ironsights by just clicking so what's the OP talking about?

o_0!? I couldn't when I tried...

Umm... I'll try again tonight (hopefully this thread is not an epic fail).

Only way I could cancel the reload last time was to switch to another weapon... I don't think iron sights worked either, but then again the post above is making me question my sanity.

BRB.

Upvote 0