• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design ... i need help again

could you type out what you want so i dont have to watch the whole video?
i'm getting really impatient watching this video, you arent gettting to the damned point..
holy **** all that just cause you want the lighting to fit?

1- to fix the delay add a kfammobox pickup
2 - the flickering light is not a normal light with the light type changed, it doesnt work that way. it is a triggered light that flickers.
3 - the doors arent glowing, its just light bleeding through, you probably cant fix that, besides are people supposed to be inside the elvator shaft? just put an elevator in it, or make shadowcast and actor shadows true on the static meshes. lighting is hard, just mess with it.
4 - so make the floors higher
5 - the map looks very squashed. like short fat people live in it.
6- to adjust the lighting, change the settings under light color, brightness color etc.

you could of just typed out your questions, not many people will have the patience to trudge through your videos, i dont understand why you couldnt have gotten to the point much quicker, it seemed like pulling teeth while stuck in quick sand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
could you type out what you want so i dont have to watch the whole video?
i'm getting really impatient watching this video, you arent gettting to the damned point..
holy **** all that just cause you want the lighting to fit?

1- to fix the delay add a kfammobox pickup
2 - the flickering light is not a normal light with the light type changed, it doesnt work that way. it is a triggered light that flickers.
3 - the doors arent glowing, its just light bleeding through, you probably cant fix that, besides are people supposed to be inside the elvator shaft? just put an elevator in it, or make shadowcast and actor shadows true on the static meshes. lighting is hard, just mess with it.
4 - so make the floors higher
5 - the map looks very squashed. like short fat people live in it.
6- to adjust the lighting, change the settings under light color, brightness color etc.

you could of just typed out your questions, not many people will have the patience to trudge through your videos, i dont understand why you couldnt have gotten to the point much quicker, it seemed like pulling teeth while stuck in quick sand.

Way to put it bluntly XD
the reason why i made a video is because i didnt know what to say and so i just recorded it...

i know the map looks squished im working on that but i didnt want to have the lockers soo much bigger than the player and then the roof have too much space between the lockers and the roof.

and i have a trigger light, its fine currently how it is. I was asking how can i make the light look like its actually flashing rather than staying one colour the entire time.

im currently adding a sky box and somethign for my windows as there is no outside part to the map, only for the lighting.

THIS IS MY FIRST MAP, so instead of raging, bare with me.

Upvote 0
next time just ask the questions, "how do i make a flickering light?" or "how do i get the lighting on static meshes to be correct?"

you want the trigger light to change colors while it's flashing?

no i want the static mesh to look like its flickering sorry for improper word usage...

uhh i have a more major problem now D=

my builder brush is rotated and i cant reset it =/

i used Tools>actor rotate

and tryed fliping my brush 180 degrees and failed miserably

edit

i fixed my builder brush

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S is a hotkey you might press quite a bit by accident in the editor. It shows or hides selections.
some thing i noticed i do ALOT is accedently rotate a brush while moving it using the grid and the accedently hitting control and right click and just nudge the brush so its not straight... i know its better not to have the grid size set to 1 but im using that and its helpful, its just accedental rotation is a ***** =/

oh and murphy when you said disable, i put all of my settings to 0 ( the preformance side ) i should have clicked use application settings, ill see if that works now. so thanks in advance

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i know its better not to have the grid size set to 1 but im using that and its helpful, its just accedental rotation is a ***** =/

Well thats opinion for the most part but it does lead to trouble. If your going from 1 to 16 then it can get pretty confusing. If you rotate by accident just rotate back it should fall back into place. If not or if you go to a grid size larger but wish to be on the lines, simply hold ctrl and click a vertice. That will pop it right onto the grid for you.

Upvote 0
Well thats opinion for the most part but it does lead to trouble. If your going from 1 to 16 then it can get pretty confusing. If you rotate by accident just rotate back it should fall back into place. If not or if you go to a grid size larger but wish to be on the lines, simply hold ctrl and click a vertice. That will pop it right onto the grid for you.
oh thanks

yeah i think i turned all of my settings in my ati catalyst to app control yet its still having the same problem of not selecting anything when i click.
i tried looking to see if the key was some how unbound but no luck...

im going to uninstall both the editor and killing floor and reinstall them.

i was working on my map earlyer today at school and it was fine D=

Upvote 0
okay so i was trying to export a texture so i could edit it, it was fine. but as i hit the X on the texture browser i cant reopen it again.

i cant reopen that window at all so i cant look at static meshes or anything, ( im at school so im running this sdk from a copyied killing floor folder from home so it will work fine there, and i can re-copy the folder if nessessary) any ways i would like some help on fixing it i first searched google and couldnt find anything, i am normally really good with computers so i could fix something sometimes but others i cant because im still new to this software... thanks again in advance

-Steven

Upvote 0