• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How should bandaging work?

How should bandaging work?

• Instant Heal

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • A few seconds

Votes: 77 30.9%
  • 10-15 seconds

Votes: 134 53.8%
  • 30 seconds or longer

Votes: 31 12.4%
  • Faster the closer you are to the squad leader

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 6 2.4%

• Total voters
  1. Stop dead in your tracks
  2. Crouch
  3. A generic first & third person bandaging animation plays for 10 - 15 seconds
  4. Done. You can fight on, but you also get penalties because you got shot and you're still in pain: you get more sway, you can't sprint as fast, bringing up the sights takes a bit longer and perhaps reloading as well.
You people act as if HoS featured 10000km

Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0
Nimsky is a very smart man

1. Stop dead in your tracks
  2. Crouch
  3. A generic first & third person bandaging animation plays for 10 - 15 seconds
  4. Done. You can fight on, but you also get penalties because you got shot and you're still in pain: you get more sway, you can't sprint as fast, bringing up the sights takes a bit longer and perhaps reloading as well
It should depend where you got shot too,
a shot in the calf= a limp slower walk and run speed
shot in the arm=decreased aiming
and so on.

I would also think the severity of the wound would impact your bandaging time, Imagine being shot in the stomach and then trying to fix yourself....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It should only take about 2-3 seconds or just about instant(you have to take out the bandages and click to use) if you ask me, no need to kill the intensity of the game. Anything over 8 seconds is just retarded. Might as well call it Heroes of Sleepygrad

This is actually well put, for what I am affraid of, that is. I just would really hate, if the bandaging would be "insta-bandaging". Talking about immersion breaker...If reloading takes remotely realistic time in game- which it does -, why should bandaging be instant? I just really hope that TWI will have sense in this one. At least in the "realism"-mode, where bandaging should take at least that 7 secs. mentioned.

But if they go down that insta-lane, then they can also make guns "insta-loadable", since reloading is killing the intensity of the game and since I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All this talk about bandaging and injuries makes me think an equivalent to bailing out should be available to infantry. Did soldiers who been shoot really continue to fight? Sure, sometimes I guess you have to, but it feels like someone who been shot in the leg is more of a burden then helpful and should retreat to some backward position for treatment.

Upvote 0
Don't know why people can bandage themselves it should really be other people who do it.

And in that case, 10+ seconds.

I still believe anything over 5 seconds is far too long.

You're just delaying a bleed-out, not sewing your arm back on.

Delaying and stopping bleed out is something that could take hours most of the time.

Upvote 0