• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New mg 34 video by Zips

It's funny how nobody is these gameplay videos seems to be using the cover system, preferring to manually crouch behind cover, manually lean and manually prop up weapons. The guy with the MG, you would imagine that the new system would be a godsend for him but he doesn't even use it, he props the gun up on a window-sill and whatnot and then breaks away like he would in RO1 to reload or when he's shot at.

Could be the new penetration system. When you crouch down underneath the window one would just have to shoot below it to kill you. That may be about as deadly as standing simply exposed.

Not wanting to flame, but that video is more of a guy holding a Mg-34 for some minutes rather than using it and showing what it can do. Strangest part is when he decides to throw a grenade instead of just mowing an enemy down. Strangely, most videos vastly prefer smgs over mg and bolt... I would really look forward to a nice video, thanks nevertheless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spindle
Upvote 0
Who? The one person who liked your post?

They are very similar.

The only difference as has been pointed out by at least two posters is sound reverberation which makes the gun sound less "lame" as you put it.

What you are hearing isn't just the actual sound of the cartridge firing, but the soundwaves bouncing off objects in the environment back towards the mic. Not only is there the actual sound of the gun firing, but refracted waves of the shot (which sound deeper and meaner because sound waves elongate over distance).

They couldn't put the sound of the MG34 you posted in game because that is what the MG34 sounds like being fired outside. It simply wouldn't make sense to hear that sound INSIDE. Thusly they only put the primary sound of the mg34 firing in game.

As I said some games are just now getting this technology, it's not easy to model.

All I am saying it sounds like a bb gun firing; and should get more oomph

or they could use their previous build.

Atm it sounds dumb and lame

Upvote 0
All I am saying it sounds like a bb gun firing; and should get more oomph

or they could use their previous build.

Atm it sounds dumb and lame

and I'm scientifically explaining the reason why there is a discrepancy between the gameplay sound and the sound of the real mg34 video.

The only thing you've been able to do is call things dumb and lame while completely ignoring any logical discussion on the matter.

I'll be sure to ignore any of your future opinions until you grow up a bit.

Upvote 0
and I'm scientifically explaining the reason why there is a discrepancy between the gameplay sound and the sound of the real mg34 video.

The only thing you've been able to do is call things dumb and lame while completely ignoring any logical discussion on the matter.

I'll be sure to ignore any of your future opinions until you grow up a bit.

I say, which is MY opinion, it could use more oomph. I don't like it atm. It is too quiet for ME

Get it?

And you should learn to read properly; I never said I wanted the Real MG 34 sound, I said I wanted it be like in the video

I called it dumb and lame cause I think it is dumb and lame. It's called an opinion.

o

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Could be the new penetration system. When you crouch down underneath the window one would just have to shoot below it to kill you. That may be about as deadly as standing simply exposed.

Not wanting to flame, but that video is more of a guy holding a Mg-34 for some minutes rather than using it and showing what it can do. Strangest part is when he decides to throw a grenade instead of just mowing an enemy down. Strangely, most videos vastly prefer smgs over mg and bolt... I would really look forward to a nice video, thanks nevertheless.

In real life you'd want to be away from a wall that's penetrated by a bullet to avoid shrapnel and debris, does RO2 model that? I assumed that it was a case of "if the bullet passes through, it passes through" with your distance from a wall not making any difference on how lethal it is.

Upvote 0
I say, which is MY opinion, it could use more oomph. I don't like it atm. It is too quiet for ME

Get it?

Uh oh, someone's getting upset.

I just hoped maybe you were mature enough to have a logical discussion on the matter. It's readily apparent I was wrong about that!

I stated the facts on the matter. You didn't. I made a clear attempt explain the difference. You called things dumb and lame.

If you are going to hold "YOUR" opinion you should at least be knowledgeable, courteous (instead of calling people deaf), and competent enough to explain it.

Upvote 0
In real life you'd want to be away from a wall that's penetrated by a bullet to avoid shrapnel and debris, does RO2 model that? I assumed that it was a case of "if the bullet passes through, it passes through" with your distance from a wall not making any difference on how lethal it is.

To be honest, I do not exactly understand what you mean. It looked like it is modelled that the shot simply penetrates the wall, with probably slight damage reduction.

Now, if the enemy knows that you have set up your mg, sees it even as you are crouched below the window since the bipod and muzzle still stick out, it is fair to assume that he simply will shoot underneath the window and penetrate. Simply getting away from the window postion and moving to the side seems like a better idea in that case.

Of course, we will have to see, I fear that penetration has reduced most cover to visual cover.

Edit: Oh, now I understand. Well, what I meant was not simply moving backward, but, as I said, to the side, so the enemy does not exactly know where behind the wall you are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh oh, someone's getting upset.

I just hoped maybe you were mature enough to have a logical discussion on the matter. It's readily apparent I was wrong about that!

I stated the facts on the matter. You didn't. I made a clear attempt explain the difference. You called things dumb and lame.

If you are going to hold "YOUR" opinion you should at least be knowledgeable, courteous (instead of calling people deaf), and competent enough to explain it.

Haha,

If you read my first post it clearly stated that I wanted something like the sound in the mg 34 video. And if you can't hear the difference, you are deaf. It is a fact.

Upvote 0
Haha,

If you read my first post it clearly stated that I wanted something like the sound in the mg 34 video. And if you can't hear the difference, you are deaf. It is a fact.
Youre such a noob. Reason why it sounds like a bb gun for you is because the "kick" of the gun sound ingame comes from the low frequency bass and you dont have sound equipment to play it properly.

Upvote 0
When you want your opinion to be respected:

Rule #1: Don't force it onto people

Rule #2: It is detrimental on a forum to edit certain keywords to the point where they stand out so much they become annoying, this translates to shouting in real life, and shouting rarely gets taken seriously.

Rule #3: Conveying an opinion is a form of communication, so is arguing to gain clarification of the thought-process behind the opinion, in an attempt to come to a mutual agreement. If you don't allow people to argue, you are basically undermining their opinion, which automatically makes them take your opinion opinion less seriously.

On Topic:

Did anyone notice how you could accept and refuse to follow an order? You can see it in chat at the start of the video. I wonder if there's a penalty for refusing an order.

Upvote 0
Haha,

1. Where did I say you didn't want the sound in the mg34 video? That's what this entire discussion has been about...no idea what the point of saying that was other than to imply that I cannot read ("if you read my first post")

2. So now it's a fact that I'm deaf or that there is a difference? I've stated that THERE IS a difference. I've never argued that there wasn't. Who is the one that can't read? Seems like it's you...

All I've done is explain the science between why there IS a difference.

You've done nothing but insult and moan. No science has been brought forth by you and you've been rude to other posters.

Kid, I suggest you either stop posting, or address the science and defend your opinion in a civil manner.

Edit: Sigh...this thread had the potential to be very fun and enlightening...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Where did I say you didn't want the sound in the mg34 video? That's what this entire discussion has been about...no idea what the point of saying that was other than to imply that I cannot read ("if you read my first post")

2. So now it's a fact that I'm deaf or that there is a difference? I've stated that THERE IS a difference. I've never argued that there wasn't. Who is the one that can't read? Seems like it's you...

All I've done is explain the science between why there IS a difference.

You've done nothing but insult and moan. No science has been brought forth by you and you've been rude to other posters.

Kid, I suggest you either stop posting, or address the science and defend your opinion in a civil manner.

Edit: Sigh...this thread had the potential to be very fun and enlightening...

you just owned him. I agree with you aswell. And if thinks its too quiet, then why dosnt he just turn up the volume :D that should solve the problem.

Other then that the mg34 sounds great in my opinion

Upvote 0

Most players seem to do that, using the mg over bolt.
and no good use of the new cover system (yet).
Maybe becaus they aren't used too it.

There will be better video's depends on who's playing/recording
And isn't the gdc '11 video shot of cam ?
Maybe that explains the sound,but I liked it.

Upvote 0