• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Random Ideas

coolmu9

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
on the streats
on some maps u can play as civilians vs Germans the civilians have weapons they found on dead Germans and Russians and the civilians must hold 5 to 3 points of the map number one the entrance of said village or town number two the middle of the town or village last the strong hold of the village or town a fortified church or bank or any main building in said town or village : : as Germans your the attackers as civilians your defenders defend this village for 20 to 30 mins and you win Germans will have to take this village in less then 20 to 30 mins or they lose and if you didn't want the story line my bad i tryed my best on this form plz do not hate just comment if you do not like the idea or do like the idea also i just wanted to post my idea and i really don't like hateful comments so can you hold back on them? so enjoy:D and sorry if its not spaced out a enough

Last edited:
Yeah and then you can play a boy around 13 or 14 who's father was a shoemaker and knows how to mend shoes and he gets caught up in the fighting and is with some Soviet soliders. Then this one time the Germans decide to make a short truce to collect thier wounded and dead so you go out to help but some jerk shoots and everyone starts shooting and you're captured by the Germans. You're sitting there then some German dude tries to give you poppy bread and you tell them how you're great at fixing shoes and one guy gets this letter about his wife or something and gets really angry. Then you escape back to the Soviets but some time later the Germans get you again and say that you were sabotaging some stuff and then the same guys as before come back and then you're lined up and the one squirrely looking guy with the glasses tell them to shoot you then they shoot you even though they look really sad about it.

Upvote 0
there were couple of movies I saw about WW2 civilians defending their own turf cause there was no one else left from the soldiers,movies was based on a true story,and if you actually look deeper into the history it makes sence for a native of the country that its under attack to pick up a weapon and help out.

I'm not sure though how it will be implemented in the game though,since they are so many classes in the game that might interferre with this scenario set up.

For example a squad leader(there is barelly any squad leadership when civilians are fighting,cause they are disorganized),not really a true marksman among civilians,no true tank operators among civilian.

As for the game part yes it can be done,but since ROHOS its going on the same roots as OST andits about realisam,I think devs wont allowed this sort of gameplay type for MP especially.But thats just my opinion.Not bad idea though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there were couple of movies I saw about WW2 civilians defending their own turf cause there was no one else left from the soldiers,movies was based on a true story,and if you actually look deeper into the history it makes sence for a native of the country that its under attack to pick up a weapon and help out.

I'm not sure though how it will be implemented in the game though,since they are so many classes in the game that might interferre with this scenario set up.

For example a squad leader(there is barelly any squad leadership when civilians are fighting,cause they are disorganized),not really a true marksman among civilians,no true tank operators among civilian.

As for the game part yes it can be done,but since ROHOS its going on the same roots as OST andits about realisam,I think devs wont allowed this sort of gameplay type for MP especially.But thats just my opinion.Not bad idea though.
i see what you mean but i just wanted to add my idea

Upvote 0
there is really no reason to add them what are we gonna do make the the equivalent of rifleman. i mean should be give them wooden sticks and pistols.

if all the classes were based around different social statuses then yea but in this case we have rifleman machine gunner tank crewman etc... those are jobs not social statuses so to speak. also just a point saying you don't criticism will only make it worse trust me. moving on im thinks me gonna cry now :(. thanks for the idea but no, sorry don't let this keep you from trying again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
there is really no reason to add them what are we gonna do make the the equivalent of rifleman. i mean should be give them wooden sticks and pistols.

if all the classes were based around different social statuses then yea but in this case we have rifleman machine gunner tank crewman etc... those are jobs not social statuses so to speak. also just a point saying you don't criticism will only make it worse trust me. moving on im thinks me gonna cry now :(. thanks for the idea but no, sorry don't let this keep you from trying again.
ya ill keep trying if twi didn't try we wouldn't have RO and RO 2 and why will you cry? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Yeah and then you can play a boy around 13 or 14 who's father was a shoemaker and knows how to mend shoes and he gets caught up in the fighting and is with some Soviet soliders. Then this one time the Germans decide to make a short truce to collect thier wounded and dead so you go out to help but some jerk shoots and everyone starts shooting and you're captured by the Germans. You're sitting there then some German dude tries to give you poppy bread and you tell them how you're great at fixing shoes and one guy gets this letter about his wife or something and gets really angry. Then you escape back to the Soviets but some time later the Germans get you again and say that you were sabotaging some stuff and then the same guys as before come back and then you're lined up and the one squirrely looking guy with the glasses tell them to shoot you then they shoot you even though they look really sad about it.
Poor Kolya :(

Upvote 0
Partisans are an illegal fighting group believing the Hague Conventions which was still intact at least for the Germans at the time of WWII. The newly formed Russian government at the end of WWI refused to sign this treaty again so the Soviets could argue partisans were legal.

Anyway civilians grabbing arms feels like the American Dream to defend their homeland. (makes me wanna puke) Secondly the world press would go absolutely bananas with civilians, no matter if armed or not, are in a WWII and then the Germans (world press wording would be evil Nazis) can shoot at them. :eek::eek: This will get RO banned right away in many countries.

As a mod it won't be part of the main game and then it might work.

Upvote 0
I really want to see civilians in the singleplayer campaign, but not in multiplayer. I'd love if they made a cinematic campaign with cutscenes and emotion like Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway instead of the cold emotionless pure action old CODs (the new COD: BO actually proved different in the SP campaign, which is quite good). The most important thing in HoS for me is obviously the multiplayer, but do I love an epic singleplayer too!:p

Upvote 0
Partisans are an illegal fighting group believing the Hague Conventions which was still intact at least for the Germans at the time of WWII. The newly formed Russian government at the end of WWI refused to sign this treaty again so the Soviets could argue partisans were legal.

Anyway civilians grabbing arms feels like the American Dream to defend their homeland. (makes me wanna puke) Secondly the world press would go absolutely bananas with civilians, no matter if armed or not, are in a WWII and then the Germans (world press wording would be evil Nazis) can shoot at them. :eek::eek: This will get RO banned right away in many countries.

As a mod it won't be part of the main game and then it might work.
:eek:

Upvote 0

[...]

Secondly the world press would go absolutely bananas with civilians, no matter if armed or not, are in a WWII and then the Germans (world press wording would be evil Nazis) can shoot at them. :eek::eek: This will get RO banned right away in many countries.

You're right. You're absolutely right.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Emperor
Upvote 0
I think there was a mod like this for ArmA 1. You could be a soldier or policeman or civilian. You went around patrolling a town looking for the select few people who were bad guys, hidden among civilians. I don't think it caught on well

They have that for ARMA 2 as well.

It is called, I believe, Chernaeus Life or something like that. You can live as a civilian, policemen, and so on in the city of Chernaus. As you can suspect, most civilian players become criminals and have shoot outs with cops... :)

Upvote 0
I really want to see civilians in the singleplayer campaign, but not in multiplayer. I'd love if they made a cinematic campaign with cutscenes and emotion like Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway instead of the cold emotionless pure action old CODs (the new COD: BO actually proved different in the SP campaign, which is quite good). The most important thing in HoS for me is obviously the multiplayer, but do I love an epic singleplayer too!:p

BiA focused more on an overly emotional story than realism.

Anyway partisans usually used geurilla tactics, so it would have to be more akin to Splinter Cell or Thief than RO.

Upvote 0
Some notable things have been said about a similar suggestion at the Steam group:

[TW]Wilsonam posted on September 10, 2010 @ 4:36pm
@Ringleader: "450,000 plain clothed soviet citizens (men, women, and children) armed with captured weapons or sticks and stones". I kinda took that to mean "all", given that was the total pre-war population of the city.

As for (reliable) eye-witness accounts of sticks and stones - can't say I've ever seen any. Doesn't mean there weren't, of course. There are stories of isolated incidents of civilians grabbing guns. But it would be pretty suicidal - and pretty pointless in a game.

As I stated before, the only confirmable data from archives is of the "factory militia" battalions under NKVD control. And, no, we aren't going to feature civilians with guns - factory militia or otherwise - so it is a moot point
:)

Upvote 0