• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Pistols

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my mind.

I think dual pistols should be possible.
It shouldn't be a starting class but if you find two pistols on the battlefield why not... I've actually read some accounts of soldiers using two pistols on occasion. Obviously not as a main weapon.

It was from a book called Seven Roads to Hell.

Amazing book about a true story of a WW2 american paratrooper.

Some of the accounts in that book are insane.
The paratroopers where hopped up on some kinda drug they where given before being dropped (probably some speed anti sleep pill)

One soldier later in the book found a stray white horse with a saddle. He rode it and used two pistols he found off of dead germans. They called him the cowboy.

Later in the book he charged a machine gun nest shooting his dual pistols on horseback.

He was basically chopped in half by a mg-42 during his charge.

The point is people do crazy and unpredictable stuff during war.
Seven,Roads,To,Hell.jpg

Upvote 0
Just because something either existed or happened does not warrant its inclusion in to the game based not only on the work required or whatever awful effects it would have upon gameplay, but the sheer distribution of equipment or events in terms of rarity. We should be focusing on instances or equipment that would be commonly occurring in every sixteenth or 25th man, possibly even out of the reinforcement pools of 120-150.

Upvote 0
Just because something either existed or happened does not warrant its inclusion in to the game based not only on the work required or whatever awful effects it would have upon gameplay, but the sheer distribution of equipment or events in terms of rarity. We should be focusing on instances or equipment that would be commonly occurring in every sixteenth or 25th man, possibly even out of the reinforcement pools of 120-150.

I agree with you here, it is a legitimate suggestion but not worth taking the time to code...at least not until the many other suggestions that are more warranted have been taken care of.

Perhaps only make dual-pistols wield-able by those with Hero status?

Upvote 0
sigh again. So if I get you right we should just lock this thread cause YOU dont like it, eh?
If you have read the other posts in there, you would know that there ARE examples of soldiers who did use 2 pistols akimbo. One was the sergant who got the medal of honour for that, and the other was Gen. Patton himself. And I am sure there were many other examples which were not recorded, also on the ostfront.

In a normal combat situation where the target is 10 meter or more away, I would use just one gun. In a close quater situation, where I could run into a bunch of enemies when entering the next room, I would use both.

Yeah, if you took the time to pull out your other pistol, you'd already be dead.

Upvote 0
Yeah, if you took the time to pull out your other pistol, you'd already be dead.

Please dont play stupid!
Of course you would ready your second pistol BEFORE entering the next room!

And for the time to code this: did anyone notice that Tripwire ALREADY did dual pistols for their game KILLING FLOOR? :D

(yea, yea, I know what you might say now: this is a totally different game, not realism, zombies and monsters, you cant be serious to compare that with RO! Well, you are right, its an arcade game, BUT the weapon models are pretty realistic)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please dont play stupid!
Of course you would ready your second pistol BEFORE entering the next room!

And for the time to code this: did anyone notice that Tripwire ALREADY did dual pistols for their game KILLING FLOOR? :D

(yea, yea, I know what you might say now: this is a totally different game, not realism, zombies and monsters, you cant be serious to compare that with RO! Well, you are right, its an arcade game, BUT the weapon models are pretty realistic)

Uh, once again, why would I want two pistols? I'd have a far easier time hitting things and putting more bullets into my gun with only one pistol.

Upvote 0
erm.....you guys all do realize that your standard WWII foot soldier didn't even have a sidearm right? as in out of 50 players, maybe 4 on each side will have a pistol, granted they'd still probably not have the need to use it. currently they are the MG, Sniper, SL, Antitanker

this is not COD where you can load up with 4 weapons that you're never going to use anyway. if you want dual 9mm or handcannons then you should check out Killing Floor :rolleyes:

(btw dual handcannons are RAPE)

Upvote 0
erm.....you guys all do realize that your standard WWII foot soldier didn't even have a sidearm right? as in out of 50 players, maybe 4 on each side will have a pistol, granted they'd still probably not have the need to use it. currently they are the MG, Sniper, SL, Antitanker

this is not COD where you can load up with 4 weapons that you're never going to use anyway. if you want dual 9mm or handcannons then you should check out Killing Floor :rolleyes:

(btw dual handcannons are RAPE)

I think we all do realize that. I think the argument here is more about someone who does have access to pistols, such as a high ranking officer (begging the question WTF he's doing fighting on the front lines.) It's still a silly idea and a waste of time for the devs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.