• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why can't I pick what weapons I want?

ScarFace

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Unless your a upper level support you get 15 blocks of carrying space; however, you are not permitted to carry what weapons you want to. For example, as a level 6 support I love the regular pump shotty, but it only holds 60 or so shells and on 6 player games that simply isn't enough for 250+ zombies. I know you can buy the AA12 or other weapons as back ups, but if the shotgun weighs 8 blocks and i can carry 24 as a level 6 support why can't I buy more than one shotty? I can carry other weapons of equal, more or lessor weight but I can't buy two of the same kind? They are MY 15 or 24 blocks (whatever the case maybe depending on the perk/level selected) so why can't I fill them however I see fit?!?!?

Alot of times when the others die in a 6 player game and your left all alone with 60 or so zombies to kill 2 of which are scrakes and maybe a FP and all you have to shoot them with is a pistol...your screwed. I've personally experienced being the last one left having the skill to survive but without the ammo to do so...my suggestion would help solve that problem.

So what you are saying is that you would like to be able to purchase the same weapon twice?
I have to admit that I do think about it each time I see a shotgun on the ground but cant pick it up.

So long as you have the capacity to carry the weapon, yes, I don't see why you cannot pick up or purchase 2 of the same weapon. Weight is weight in my opinion

Upvote 0
Don't fail and but an AA12? My solution.

Also, they are not YOUR blocks they are TWI's. Don't make them angry or they will take them away and they what will you have?

Admittedly I would like the option of picking up ammo out of dropped weapons of the same type but kind of moot since it happens so rarely.

Balance. (TWO AA12s !?!?!?!??!?!?!?)
/thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't fail and but an AA12? My solution.

Also, they are not YOUR blocks they are TWI's. Don't make them angry or they will take them away and they what will you have?

Admittedly I would like the option of picking up ammo out of dropped weapons of the same type but kind of moot since it happens so rarely.

Balance. (TWO AA12s !?!?!?!??!?!?!?)
/thread

I completely disagree...they ARE my blocks. I pre-orded KF and was playing it on release day. Without MY, your, and everyone else's money there is no TWI.

Also no matter how "good" you think you are...no one can beat all those zombies with no ammo.

Upvote 0
Mlelee needs no ammo :p
Mlelee must be a very good player then...

But exactly.
ScarFace said:
I completely disagree...they ARE my blocks. I pre-orded KF and was playing it on release day. Without MY, your, and everyone else's money there is no TWI.

Also no matter how "good" you think you are...no one can beat all those zombies with no ammo.
I was being sarcastic about the blocks ("Don't make them angry or they will take them away and they what will you have?).
You can have more ammo by purchasing more guns. You can pick up ammo off the ground. But support should not be having ammo problems. If anything firebug is the perk that needs ammo the most but couldn't carry another copy of their weapon.
Also you already can carry multiple copies of a weapon... pipebombs.
But again carrying 2 AA12s--------------> broken.

Upvote 0
As long as they share the same ammo reserve I don't see a problem with it.

That almost completely defeats the purpose.

The whole point of the suggestion was to extend the ammo. If they shared ammo then the only point in picking up a second would be you could sell the weapon (which, yes would still be useful).

2 AA12's? Is it really THAT overpowered? I mean, you can run and kite the ZEDS all day long, just looking for ammo (which is generally plentiful) and that would be the same as having 2 (albeit with more downtime and a bit more risk).

Although I don't see game balance being an issue, I have to say I'm against this. TWI's should focus on other stuff first, because this would be pretty damn hard to implement properly (ie. how would selecting a weapon you have 2 of work? can you have 2 sets of dual 9mm's? blah blah)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not just the ammo concern. A big part of using shotguns is timing your reloads. If you had 2 hunting shotguns/AA 12's, you could just switch to ur second weapon when ur first needs reloading, and blast even more zeds to smithereens. Would be broken beyond belief. Also think what would happen if you buy something like 5 sets of dual handcannons.

Upvote 0
They are MY 15 or 24 blocks

This bit is making me laugh a little.

Yes they are "your" blocks but like others have said, it's a balance issue. It'd be a bit odd if people were marching around with a pack full of pistols and melee weapons to use or sell.

The last thing we need is people collecting weapons that could be useful to someone else just so they can sell them. Or collecting weapons to have more ammo than the maximum capacity for that weapon. That bit of management is part of the strategy.

Upvote 0
2 AA12's? Is it really THAT overpowered? I mean, you can run and kite the ZEDS all day long, just looking for ammo (which is generally plentiful) and that would be the same as having 2 (albeit with more downtime and a bit more risk).

Although I don't see game balance being an issue, I have to say I'm against this. TWI's should focus on other stuff first, because this would be pretty damn hard to implement properly (ie. how would selecting a weapon you have 2 of work? can you have 2 sets of dual 9mm's? blah blah)
Oh definitely implementation is a big issue since the game was designed otherwise (although if it was important enough they could find the time to implement this).
The AA12 is broken enough and ammo for both guns from an ammo box? Or unloading a full one and switching and unloading again should take out everything, forever. And you could kite but why bother since you don't need to. Also some maps don't have ammo pickups or have limited pickups. Ammo spawns in official maps have been reduced in concurrent spawns and time before spawns again.

Upvote 0
As long as they share the same ammo reserve I don't see a problem with it.

Um thats not what we are discussing at all in any way. He wants to carry 2 to have more ammunition. if they have the same ammo reserve there is no point in having both other than not having to reload the first one. Did you even read the Original post? he talked about running out of ammo during like the whole thing.

Upvote 0