• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Im having problems getting the 'Tis Better to Give than to Receive' achievement

Zbob

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2011
Tis Better to Give than to Receive
Drop 3 Tier 3 weapons for others (with which they kill at least one Christmas Zed).

so i've been trying to get the baddest santa suit, and im a few achievements away. i thought this could be a viable option, so i hopped on over to easy mode and got generous.

but to no avail! any help guys?
Does anyone know the precise requirements e.g. does it have to be to three different people?

Make sure you're dropping weapons such as but not limited to:

- SCAR
- Crossbow
- M14 EBR
- M32 launcher
- AA-12
- M4 203
- Hunting Shotgun
- LAW
- Husk Firebal Launcher

Best bet is to give these weapons to 3 different people, and make sure they kill a zombie with it. And from my experience, it has to be 3 different tier 3 weapons. Can't buy 3 hunting shotguns, give it to three people, and expect to get achievement. (Hunting Shotgun is the cheapest tier 3 weapon out there next to the Xbow.)

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
I know the achievement. Was it changed in any way from last year? I'm very sure that's how I got it, by buying three axes and dropping them without the need for people to pick up.

Obviously the requirements have changed. And axes are not considered tier 3 weapons, so that's proof that the achievement has changed. I tried giving someone my xbow, but since I already did that earlier, it didn't count. It wasn't until I gave my M14 to someone and he killed a zombie with it that I got my achievement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I know the achievement. Was it changed in any way from last year? I'm very sure that's how I got it, by buying three axes and dropping them without the need for people to pick up.

That was the summer sideshow one, where you had to drop ~5 low tier weapons and there was no kill requirement.

I clearly remember dropping katanas for all my teammates and asking that they take out a clot with each, in exchange for doing something similar for them. This was back in the first Christmas event when the map just came out. So no, it wasn't changed.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
That was the summer sideshow one, where you had to drop ~5 low tier weapons and there was no kill requirement.

I clearly remember dropping katanas for all my teammates and asking that they take out a clot with each, in exchange for doing something similar for them. This was back in the first Christmas event when the map just came out. So no, it wasn't changed.
I remember it during Christmas, distinctly. Hmm. Maybe I'm thinking of a similar achievement.

In any case, eh.

Upvote 0
I didn't get that achievement in 2010, but i got this in this year accidentally because i died dropping my scar and someone used it xD

Thats how I got this achievement also! Died carrying tier 3 weapon and someone picked it up and used. LOL...

NP with that... just that when ammos runs out, give it back to me after respawn or drop it on the ground so I can refill ammo later.

Upvote 0
If I remember from last year, the "cheap" way to do this was to buy and drop three different axes. At least, I think that was how it was done. And people don't have to pick them up. It's the dropping that counts.

Wrong. This was the Summer Sideshow achievement, "Juggling Act", which was to drop 5 different Tier 2 weapons. Tier 2 weapons are "medium" weapons like Fire Axe, AK47, Handcannon, Xbow etc

The achievement the OP talks about is about tier 3 weapons, which are:

- M32
- SCAR
- M14
- AA12
- LAW
- Katana

The cheapest (and lightest) obviously being the Katana.

Refer to this list i made for future help:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48929

NOTE: Most of the older achievements (like this Xmas one) are usually NOT compatible with newer weapons, even if they are in the right tier. This is programming neglect on TWI's part.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Aze: Your description of tier 3 weapons is wrong. Tier 3 weapons refer to any weapon that gets listed under your "4" button. Katana is not one of those weapons.
Actually you're wrong. Katana is a tier 3 weapon as this is how I helpped someone level by swapping my chainsaw with his katana and back again etc. Whoever tries to do this achievement MAKE SURE you make somene else get ONE kill with it. THe desciption does say this ;)

Upvote 0
Like i already posted in this thread, this is an (approximate) weapon tier's list:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48929

It is more or less as accurate as you can get. But it would be nice if TWI made a list themselves so we could really know which one is which. After all they have TWO achievements related to weapon tiers, this Xmas achievement ('Tis Better to Give than to Receive') plus the Summer Sideshow one (Juggling Act)

Upvote 0