• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Former BFE-RO members, let's reminisce.

Speed_Demon

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
New Jersey
I played on the Russian side way back when, it had to have been 3-4 years ago, back from the mod days. Eventually, our Battle For Europe tournaments just died out. I haven't visited the forums in so long, and I jumpe don today and hardly recognized any of the names I saw. So if you used to be in BFE, post here, and I'll see if I can remember you.;)

Of course every German would remember me, because... well I was awesome. :cool:

Last edited:
Former Axis soldier reporting in. :D

My first battle was battle 7 of the beta campaign (somewhere in 2004 I think, correct me if I'm wrong). Our name was 24th Kampfgruppe J - or [24Kj]. That later morphed into the 11th Panzer "Ghost" Division - or [11Pz]. The BFE battles are still my favourite RO moments, Ostfront never managed to top those for me. I managed to achieve the rank of Leutnant: I was tasked with working on the tactics and strategy, and did some battle commanding as well. I shared the command of the Festungstruppen at some point with Himmelstoss.

Lemur, 'Kaner, Chambers, Soldat, Himmelstoss, Aceto, Coolshadow, Snaggyduck... and all those others, great bunch of guys. And the allies too of course. Great moments and intense battles. I hope some of you can post here.

I never joined Iron Crescendo. I decided I had to dedicate too much time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And IC is dead now also. C6 ended recently in Allied victory(first time ever Soviet team has won BFE/IC campaign) and it looks like this was the last campaign.

actually, the first campaign the Allied side won was the very first campaign of BFE called "beta campaign" and that one was by far, the best of all, there was no BS or almost no BS

the allied team sucked hard the first half of the campaign, then Fyrom took over the allied team, and we turned the tide, and acheived victory in the very last round of the very last map of the campaign =)

I remember that Murgatroid was the chairman back then

Hi, veterans =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why did IC die?

Well me, Tommy(soviet and axis generals) and Keyser(admin) thought that it would be best to end the C6 with 2 battles still remaining(we played 10 battles instead of full 12), since the victory was already secured by the Soviets, and the turnouts were dropping, and we had played almost every map of the 44 map map-pool.

There wasn't really any real effort to get a new campaign going, and with L4D and Mare Nostrum tournamet starting at that time, no one stepped up to do anything about it.

Upvote 0
Last IC campaign was fail for diffrent reasons:

1. a biased setup. No chance for the germans to aquire advanced weapons wich constantly put us behind.

2. sometimes bad turnouts on players

3. overall decline in intrest in playing Red Orchestra as a whole

Too bad through. I had good times with IC and meet some funny people along the way. imo there is still a chance of survival for IC.

If it whould return to the whole stretch from 40-45 it whould be alot more intresting for booth sides.;)

Upvote 0
I remember Speed Demon. Actually, one of the funniest momments for me involved Speed.

Back then, Speed must have been pretty young (11 or so), and his voice hadn't broken yet.

I remember Speed Demon telling everyone bye on TeamSpeak and disconnecting from the RO server. After a few moments, someone mentioned they felt weird playing with a little kid and felt more comfortable that he was gone, and a bunch of people agreed.

Then we all hear Speed Demon say "Ummm... I'm still here guys" over TeamSpeak... LOLZ over TS.

Anyway good times. Nice to see some familiar faces, as I've been out of RO (and gaming in general) for the better part of a year (writing a dissertation and preping for a wedding is such a time suck).

Upvote 0
So the thing I helped Mofo create is finally dead. I do find it ironic that it dies when the Russians finally manage to win a campaign after years of German dominance.:rolleyes:
Lets not start something that gets out of hand...
IC was a lot of fun while it lasted, at least for the first 4 campaigns that I played. I only played at the very very end of BFE. Competition breeds a lot of animosity, especially when it's anonymous and with so many players it was IC's biggest weakness. Oh welllllll
:(

Reactions: ERK
Upvote 0
Congrats on the pending nuptials Mormegil.

Thanks! Wedding was actually a few months ago. That's why I'm playing RO again.

Back to BFE/IC. I'm hoping there'll be a come back whenever RO 2 comes out. I started in the beta campaign, and played maybe half the campaigns until about a year ago. While there was a lot of good times, there was some serious bad blood that some folks too very seriously. I guess it was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Upvote 0